2 Replies - 233 Views - Last Post: 13 April 2013 - 01:09 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Can this be done in python?

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

I'm currently working on an online survey system which asks users to type a testimonial about their experience at the end. Afterwards, they are taken to a page where there are social media buttons as well as a copy of their testimonial text. The idea is that they could copy the text, hit a social media button to sign into their account, paste their testimonial, and post it.

To me, the above is a clunky process and asks too much of the user. I would much rather have the user just have to click the button, sign into their social media account, and a portion of their testimonial text would be ready to post without the copying and pasting.

I know how to make social media buttons with static scripts, so that when you click on the button it will have a string of text or a link to automatically post to Facebook or Twitter (ex: a news article link), but I was wondering if there's a dynamic script out there that could automatically take a block of text from a review and insert it into this static code (or create the code with the static text) so that it (again) really just involves them clicking the social media button and signing into their account with a tweet or post pre-prepared for posting.

I was hoping you could either give me a direction on how this is accomplished code/script-wise and/or any examples of sites doing something like this.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Can this be done in python?

• Pythoneer
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Can this be done in python?

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

Yes, but doing it with a Python framework is silly. This can all be accomplished with a simple LAMP setup.

This post has been edited by atraub: 11 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Can this be done in python?

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

View Postatraub, on 11 April 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

Yes, but doing it with a Python framework is silly. This can all be accomplished with a simple LAMP setup.

This is good to know. How might it work in a LAMP setup?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1