Removal of post?

Page 1 of 1

4 Replies - 1238 Views - Last Post: 11 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Removal of post?

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

Hello All,
I was just made aware that all of the assignments I have posted in my class are made available and answered on this site.

What is the procedure to get them removed?

Your FAQ states that students should be asking for their homework to be done.

Just a concerned Professor.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Removal of post?

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Removal of post?

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

Our terms of service clearly states that as part of the answering process we don't remove posts.

The purpose of Dream In Code is to be a coding community, & by that we share coding situations & solutions. When members ask questions we require for them to show their work, & with any posted solutions &/or suggestions allows for others searching to apply these methods to their own codes.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

The policy of Dream.in.Code is to provide pedagogic help, rather than solution handouts. That is, members are welcome to ask for help on their problems, provided they work in a good faith effort to resolve their issues. We are hear to help others learn how to program and resolve their issues, rather than resolving their issues for them. As no2pencil has said, we do not remove posts unless they constitute a rule violation.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

For sure that plays to your advantage since you have a proof that the person cheated?
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

I think darek9576 has a good point - perhaps it would be wise to require your students to sign up with DIC, and to monitor their discussions on the forums.

If there's one thing you can be sure of, it's that solutions to intro java exercises are widely available on the internet. DIC goes to a lot of effort to support learning, as opposed to copying, and most of us would like to think we're supporting your work as a teacher, and not undermining it. Can you point us to objectionable posts, and help us understand where you find them problematic?

This post has been edited by jon.kiparsky: 11 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 4
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1