4 Replies - 1781 Views - Last Post: 16 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Heard of Udacity?

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:14 AM

Hey everyone. I was browsing around the internet when I came across a free, very small, online college called "Udacity". They offer free computer science, statistics, and algebra classes. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them, and if so, how was it? Thank in advance.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1
  • +

Replies To: Heard of Udacity?

• Cabbage
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Heard of Udacity?

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:44 AM

Online courses seems to be really taking off just now. There's Udacity, Coursera, Stanford and probably a few more. I have a few interesting looking courses on Coursera lined up just now. When they are done, I might have a look at what other places are offering.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:43 AM

I just looked into Coursera, and WOW. I did not know that site existed. I was pleasantly surprised at all the course offerings and I KNOW I'll be taking some in the future. Thank you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:39 AM

I've taken 3 Udacity courses so far and halfway through a 4th. I've enjoyed them all, but some more than others. Comp Sci 101 (How To Build A Search Engine) was a lot of fun, and so was Web Development with Google App Engine. Statistics was ok, but it's never been my favourite subject. I just did it because I should :P I'm halfway through HTML5 Game Development one at the moment and it's kind of cool, but kind of a pain in the rear too - they move really quick, and you don't really build anything of your own, it's a bit frustrating.

I'm looking forward to for the Linear Algebra course that Coursera is offering in July, and I think I might try more of their offerings later in the year, I get the feeling they're a bit harder, which is cool, hard = learn!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

Peace_Fixation, glad to know that the courses are fun and enjoyable. I also agree with you that the harder the course the more you learn. I'm going to look into some Coursera classes now. My Education Adviser also recommend Coursera. She said that she took an AI class and it was great. Thanks for posting.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1