• (2 Pages)
  • +

17 Replies - 2842 Views - Last Post: 25 November 2007 - 05:58 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

need programmer/designer for a few projects

Posted 18 August 2007 - 12:02 AM

Hi All.
I have a few domain names and I need to put content on it. So i am looking for a programmer/designer to make this possible. if you could quote your price for each project that would be great thank you.

1. First i need a simple script/website that would allow users/visitors to upload an image to my website for free, and it would produce a link to that image, so that a user could post it on another website. (i would prefer the coder to 'stick around' as once the website gets enough hits i'd like to add more features to it like video hosting/sharing, do a better design etc)

2. a website with design that would use nexttag com's affiliate program to display results

3. a script/website that would display all major lottery results. plain a simple.. may be a script would grab results from some other lottery website? nice simple one page design.

4. a website that would use scriptlance.com's affiliate program to display current open projects ( i do have the script that scriptlance uses, so thats covered) i just need a simple website with that scriptinstalled and affiliate program intergrated.

5. a simple website design with godaddy.com's or similar affilate program installed.

that is it. thank you in advance.
if you could price quote each project that would be great.

This post has been edited by wdz: 18 August 2007 - 11:37 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: need programmer/designer for a few projects

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: need programmer/designer for a few projects

Posted 18 August 2007 - 09:46 AM

i'd like somebody to at least do the first project for me. Name your price. I am not a programmer but i know it should be really simple.. quick money for whoever wants to help me out. And i will contact the person in the future to expend on this project.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 August 2007 - 09:57 AM

wdz, Before I give a quote, what type of technologies are we allowed to us? What does your host support?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:33 AM

View PostPsychoCoder, on 18 Aug, 2007 - 09:57 AM, said:

wdz, Before I give a quote, what type of technologies are we allowed to us? What does your host support?

anything that will work with the project. im guessing mysql and php would do just fine, but i am open to suggestions.
my host supports PHP is version 5.2.3, Perl is version 5.8.8 and mySQL version 4.1.22 (could be 5.0.37)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:54 AM

View Postwdz, on 18 Aug, 2007 - 12:02 AM, said:

Hi All.i would prefer the code to 'stick around'

What do you mean by "stick around". Sorry but Im not going to quote a price until I know everything involved :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 August 2007 - 11:05 AM

View PostPsychoCoder, on 18 Aug, 2007 - 10:54 AM, said:

View Postwdz, on 18 Aug, 2007 - 12:02 AM, said:

Hi All.i would prefer the code to 'stick around'

What do you mean by "stick around". Sorry but Im not going to quote a price until I know everything involved :)

just what it says "i would prefer the code to 'stick around' as once the website gets enough hits i'd like to add more features to it like video hosting/sharing, do a better design etc)"

'stick around' as in leave your contact info so that when i need upgrades and tweaks to the coding/website i would contact you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 August 2007 - 11:09 AM

wdz,

I would do something like that for around $500 - $600. If you thinks thats too much (you can go to a place like RentACoder.Com and get it cheaper, but you get what you pay for). If accepted Id expect at least 50% up front before I even start. If thats too steep then thats ok too :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 August 2007 - 11:33 AM

View PostPsychoCoder, on 18 Aug, 2007 - 11:09 AM, said:

wdz,

I would do something like that for around $500 - $600. If you thinks thats too much (you can go to a place like RentACoder.Com and get it cheaper, but you get what you pay for). If accepted Id expect at least 50% up front before I even start. If thats too steep then thats ok too :)

is that a quote for all 5 projects?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 August 2007 - 11:44 AM

LOL! No thats for #1 my man. Professional programmers aren't cheap. Like I said, if thats too much $$ then Ill pass :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 August 2007 - 11:56 AM

View PostPsychoCoder, on 18 Aug, 2007 - 11:44 AM, said:

LOL! No thats for #1 my man. Professional programmers aren't cheap. Like I said, if thats too much $$ then Ill pass :)

? its not too much if its for at least 2 of those projects.. but the first one is as simple as installing this (http://www.dreamincode.net/forums/showtopic9797.htm)
and for a pro like yourself it shouldnt take more then 20 minutes.
You are not even coding anything in first one just changing variables.
Rethink your price "my man"

I would do the first one myself I just don't know how to work php
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 August 2007 - 03:00 PM

You didnt say anything about installing anything, your exact words were

1. First i need a simple script/website that would allow users/visitors to upload an image to my website for free, and it would produce a link to that image, so that a user could post it on another website. (i would prefer the coder to 'stick around' as once the website gets enough hits i'd like to add more features to it like video hosting/sharing, do a better design etc)

Where in there does it say you want something "installed" my man? It looks to me like you're asking someone to make a website for uploading images and storing in a database. I guess, not sure how, that I could have read it wrong?

<edit>There more than installing something in that snippet. Theres the database setup, the database work to get the information into the database, theres the work of getting the information from the website, theres work to create the actual website, so please rethink your last post :)</edit>

This post has been edited by PsychoCoder: 18 August 2007 - 03:02 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 August 2007 - 07:50 PM

View PostPsychoCoder, on 18 Aug, 2007 - 03:00 PM, said:

You didnt say anything about installing anything, your exact words were

Where in there does it say you want something "installed" my man? It looks to me like you're asking someone to make a website for uploading images and storing in a database. I guess, not sure how, that I could have read it wrong?

<edit>There more than installing something in that snippet. Theres the database setup, the database work to get the information into the database, theres the work of getting the information from the website, theres work to create the actual website, so please rethink your last post :)</edit>

i guess you are right, i really still think its simple and doesnt cost $600 haha. no i am not cheap :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 August 2007 - 07:59 PM

Actually, if you're wanting a full dynamic website with database and you think $600 is expensive then, yes, you are cheap, and unrealistic :)

Example: I just finished a website (a remake so all the content was there), static HTML, no scripting, no database, and it cost them $650, so I was cutting you a deal.

<edit>I may come down to $500, but remember, you get what you pay for</edit>

This post has been edited by PsychoCoder: 18 August 2007 - 08:40 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 September 2007 - 02:18 PM

I think it would help if you would write down some more requirments.

Basic price quote ratio for a software project that doesn't even have exact requirments and is at the beginning stage is between x0.25 - x4.0.

Meaning towards the end of the project it could be a quater of the originally quoted price or 4 times as much.

The more detailed requirments you give and the further the progress advances the less of a price glitch you will have at the end.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• lost in compilation
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 September 2007 - 05:41 PM

Seems like there is much miscommunication, seems like the webpage is to be extremely simplistic, with a simple php upload script.
Are you looking for a login or anything? or is literally an open image upload? Is there a filter process or are all images posted immediately? This is leaving the door open for much misuse, such as renaming a .zip file of GB in size to .jpg and host it on your site....
If you can live with the possible holes in the code, then yes a 20minute ~$50 script is all you need, but a professional coder who respects all the jobs they do, are not going to want to release such an exposed script.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +