my one and only (ultrabook)

Page 1 of 1

7 Replies - 624 Views - Last Post: 17 April 2013 - 08:41 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

my one and only (ultrabook)

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

hello, im very curious and seeking some advice on a very important topic of mine:

first i wanna buy either a laptop/gaming laptop?/ultrabook for my daily use and to use for many years to come after.

okay, here some background info on the reason and wanting to buy:

i currently own a regular run of the mill laptop, heavy, no real good battery lifetime unpluged ( mainly keep it pluged at all times),gets super hot and over heats if seated on a flat surface ( have to put it on a chill matt), and i dont like it xD
the machine works great for the normal use i put it trough, i have no complains there, it was a regular buy at around 400 US dollars so im not worried about it, you get what you pay for right?

i recently finished buying parts for my "light gaming Pc" desktop wich i like a lot, does what i wanted it to do and way more, i find it exiting and fun being able to have so much power and freedom to do as you like with a desktop machine you build yourself, and i think this desktop will last me a long long long time ( and i will make it last me a long time).

So i got my great desktop machine ( great for me ),wich took me a lot of effort to buy, but now i wanna have somethign ultra portable and ultra light and with a very pleasing design to it as i am most of my free time infront of a computer,therefore an ultrabook.

so why did i mention gaming laptop or regular laptop? just trowing those in here to see what they got to offer too, but i am set on something ultra thin - light and good looking, i plan on saving for a couple months to buy something that is worth it, something i can see myself using for atleast 4 to 5 years ( hopefully ), now what will i use it for ?

mostly regular stuff like:
browsing web, youtube, and learning Code as a hobby, maybe even some light gaming if the ultrabook can handle it.
what kind of games? im open for any game as long as its fun (minecraft, LoL, skyrim, borderlands and what ever is good atm )but it is not necessary as i do have my desktop.
i sometimes stream movies on either hulu or netflix also.

so as you can see i wont be doing anything amazing on it, but i do want something beautifull to look at that runs fast and is light with great battery life as i hate cables 24/7 on laptops, and i cant really take my old laptop to a cafe or outside to play or work on it cus of bad battery life, the need to have it pluged, and the overheating issue.

i would so like to go to a park and work on some piece of code or game a bit at a cafe, or just plain browse the web somewhere far from home.

i hope i can get some suggestions on what to get, i have no price range set, i can pretty much afford anything computer related givven enough time to save for it, i am in no hurry to buy this as i have 2 other computers i can use as of now.

some of the models and ultrabooks that catched my eye where the following:

Acer Aspire S7
Asus Zenbook Prime UX31A
Samsung Series 9

Macs that interest me:

Macbook Pro 13 retina

now why did i put a macbook pro here?
simple, i like the design, the price is similar to other ultrabooks, i do own an iphone 5 ( only thing apple i own), the resolution is great, and i dont hate on either windows or apple, altough i do think most of their stuff is heavily over priced lol

and im not limiting it to those ultrabooks only, those are theones i have seen so far, some sugestions and coments on this would help on my decition, thanks.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: my one and only (ultrabook)

• The Noid
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: my one and only (ultrabook)

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:09 AM

Search the fucking forum before you post a new question. If you had, you might have noticed where FOURTEEN FUCKING THREADS DOWN from your new one, this conversation was pretty well covered. Thank you, drive through.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:19 AM

Just in case h4nnib4l's pep talk wasn't motivating enough.

Srsly...it's a tech forum. Did you really think that question would be original around here?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Cabbage
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:30 AM

Get the mac. They look pretty cool, seem to last and you are obviously happy to spend the money.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:00 AM

Gentlemen, it's a tech forum. Isn't this the sort of question we expect people to be asking?

If you don't want to talk about this guy's ultrabook, just ignore the discussion. What's the bother?
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

#6 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:13 AM

If you are truly 1337 then you would have cobbled your own rig!

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:37 AM

lol just wow, you guys are so welcoming and helpful, now i know why i havent come to this site in a long time, instead of directing me to this so called 14 FUCKING Threads, you trow bad words around and try putting me down,it is a tech forum, i get it , i do, but a thread called computer for college where people talk about a dryer and washer really doesnt help, and people areguing that apple is garbage and people saying windows is garbage doesnt help me much, and all i wanted is an opinion on weather i should get a samsung series 9, Acer aspire S7 or a retina macbook pro 13.

but thank you for opening my eyes, i wont come to this site again, so dont worry about my stupid posts,and 1337 is just a name on forum i have nothing 1337 about me.
Was This Post Helpful? -1
  • +
  • -

#8 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:41 AM

Hurt: 1.
Feeling: 0.

Let's all try to be a bit more nice.

Posted Image

Closing.

(OP PM me if you think you need this opened, or have questions on where to better place the thread).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1