4 Replies - 1394 Views - Last Post: 20 April 2013 - 10:09 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

VB.Net - Tab Control

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:32 AM

Sir,

I am beginner for Vb.Net, Sorry for posting big questions for you...

I want to make Visitors Details Page with Tab Controls. --- with MS - Access Data Base.
Database field like "PersonName", and
"HowManyTimes" how many time enter the premises.

and for Entering time
I make more 15 field with blank. -----> "1EnterTime", "2EnterTime", "3EnterTime"..........

If 1st time enter the premises "HowManyTimes" of the Database update with "1"
02nd time enter the premises "HowManyTimes" of the Database update with "2" like.......

When
1st time enter the premises ---- "CurrentTime" goes to "1EnterTime" field
2nd time enter the premises ---- "CurrentTime" goes to "2EnterTime" field .... like update how many time when entering the premises

My Questions
1. Am I correct way to do this. If there another easy way Please Explain me.
2. How I arrange Tab Pages when Entering more than 1 times, Tab pages Visible true with Page Name Like....."1- Time Enter", "2- Time Enter"....
3. Is there any way to create More Tab Pages when number of time enter. (Without creating more Tab Pages earlier)
4. Is there any way to add more Fields to MS-Access Database when number of time enter. (Without creating more Fields earlier)
6. According to my way If somebody enter to the premises more than 15 time -- How can I update my DataBase and Tab Pages.

Please Help with Sample Codes. Again sorry for big questions.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: VB.Net - Tab Control

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: VB.Net - Tab Control

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

1. Am I correct way to do this. If there another easy way Please Explain me.

No... what you explained makes no sense. Why would you have multiple tables for just an 'entry'? Your best bet is to have all that information in a grid...

2. How I arrange Tab Pages when Entering more than 1 times, Tab pages Visible true with Page Name Like....."1- Time Enter", "2- Time Enter"....

I don't know what you mean. Tab pages are pretty much a linear layout and arrangement.

3. Is there any way to create More Tab Pages when number of time enter. (Without creating more Tab Pages earlier)

The tab control's collection of tab pages has an 'add' method. Use that.

4. Is there any way to add more Fields to MS-Access Database when number of time enter. (Without creating more Fields earlier)

This is a bad idea and indicative of a bad design in the DB. At best you would have a table for 'users' (or people, or ids, or how ever you uniquely identify a person), and a table just for 'entries'. Which would hold the id of the person and a date time of their entry.

6. According to my way If somebody enter to the premises more than 15 time -- How can I update my DataBase and Tab Pages.

A simple for loop would generate any needed pages from 0 to X.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

Thanks lot for valuable instructions,

In my 2. Question
How to Rename Tab Control text(Tab Name) -----> " MS-Access Field Data + Some Text"

In my task,
One Person's (PersID) have several details such as Entry Time, Dress,..... Like few field
Can I arrange Tables for these fields, like,
EntryTimetable
DressTable
....Table
....Table, If I create like this, I have to create 20 tables, Is it possible to refer across MS-Access field data easy and faster.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

As with most things in .NET the tab page as a ".text" to change the tab page name.. you can access each page in the tab control's collection of tab pages like an array and just set the .text.
http://msdn.microsof...ms.tabpage.aspx

In my task,
One Person's (PersID) have several details such as Entry Time, Dress,..... Like few field
Can I arrange Tables for these fields, like,
EntryTimetable
DressTable
....Table
....Table, If I create like this, I have to create 20 tables, Is it possible to refer across MS-Access field data easy and faster.

Sometimes it does take twenty tables.. or you can redesign how you are doing everything in a more coherent manner.

You can jump from table to table with joins.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

Thanks you, Sir
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1