1 Replies - 8687 Views - Last Post: 25 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Wordpress install on Linux (web.com hosting)

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

I've tried to install wordpress countless times now. Web.com does not have a CPanel, they require ftp upload. I upload the wordpress files to the host, also tried uploading the whole directory, neither worked. So now I am trying to delete the previously uploaded files and I keep getting the same 505 error.

I went into command prompt and deleted individual files, however when i go to delete the directory that is when I get the error. If i go to filezilla I can delete some directorys but the wp-content wont go anywhere. Can someone explain what I am doing wrong? My database has an administrative user that has all privelages. I followed the steps on wordpress to do a manual install with mysql (still nothing working).

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Wordpress install on Linux (web.com hosting)

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: Wordpress install on Linux (web.com hosting)

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

web.com does not have the greatest reviews, but that can be said for many hosting companies.

If you can not remove it yourself then send them an e-mail and ask them to do it for you (may be permissions problem).

I would suggest digging around as nearly all hosts have a control panel (check with them about this- blog installation tab).

This post has been edited by floppyspace: 25 June 2013 - 10:31 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1