2 Replies - 616 Views - Last Post: 24 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

NOTEPAD++

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:27 AM

how to use notepad ++ ? I want to learn from basic use and adwantage as i haven't used it . How can i get more information about notepad++ or either BLUEFISH is better ?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: NOTEPAD++

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: NOTEPAD++

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:37 AM

Notepad++ isn't really that complicated. It's just a simple text editor with some useful programming related features. Best way to learn it's features is just to open it up and start playing around with it. - If you really want some reading matterial on the subject, their main site lists a bunch of resources you can use, including a documentation and a forum.

Whether or not Bluefish is better, that I can't tell you. Depends on what you consider "better" I suppose. Notepad++ does what it's designed to do extremely well. If you want more than the simple text editor it's supposed to be, then I suggest you go looking for an IDE instead. Those have lots of more advanced features, but are a lot heavier for it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: NOTEPAD++

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

You should understand that there are two kinds of website editors: source code editors, such as Notepad++, and What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) editors, which write the source code for you.

Especially if you are going to use a source code editor you must have a thorough knowledge of HTML and CSS. I would suggest to start with W3 Schools, and continue with the tutorials linked from my sig page.

This post has been edited by FrankC: 24 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1