1 Replies - 29866 Views - Last Post: 20 August 2007 - 11:58 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

convert text to bold/italic/underline

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:57 AM

Hi,
currently i got 1 enhancement in my vb.net web application.

In one of my web page, I got a textarea (multiline text box), in which user would be entering text.

the requirement is, user should be having a provision to make the selected text as BOLD,ITALIC,UNDERLINE, Bullets and NUMBERING.

I should be in a position to save this text into oracle DB and retrieve back also.

I got to know from some of the google forums, this would not be achieved by using standard textbox which comes with ASP.NET, inturn recommended for third-party Rich Text control - http://forums.asp.ne...90/1169362.aspx

Please help me to achieve this.

Please see the attachment for my requirement.

thanks
Arun

Attached image(s)

• Attached Image

This post has been edited by arunsand: 20 August 2007 - 05:03 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: convert text to bold/italic/underline

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: convert text to bold/italic/underline

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:58 AM

The people over at the Google forum you talked to were right. A standard text box can only support ordinary text. You will need to get a third party rich text control or devise a system which uses an iframe, a hidden form, and javascript functions (or pure javascript WYSIWYG editor).

Below is a link to an article that shows you how to build one of these WYSIWYG editors that will allow you to put in your basic styling using pure javascript. Be warned though that it may or may not be cross-browser compatible. There are three pages to the article so be sure to click the arrows at the bottom to go to the next page.

Hope the link helps you in this situation.

How to create a WYSIWYG Rich Text Editor
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1