2 Replies - 575 Views - Last Post: 17 December 2013 - 08:21 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

How to program a proxy template?

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:11 PM

I want design my own personal proxy website and have my hosting ready. However I am unsatisfied by the existing proxy templates available on the Internet (Glype, PHProxy,etc). Specifically I want to introduce secure site access via proxy and browsing without speed penalty. I would really appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction to design it...willing to learn a new language if need be.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to program a proxy template?

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to program a proxy template?

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

Hello there,

What kind of proxy are you looking to make, what is the aim for it? Will it just be a private proxy for your own use or will it have some special purpose?

If it were me, I would I look into the different libraries available for certain languages to achieve this. Personally, I would probably use Node.JS but for someone less experienced I would highly recommend PHP, you'd be looking for use of the CURL library: http://php.net/manual/en/book.curl.php

If you're new to this I would suggest first getting a good understanding of the language you wish to develop in and then do a fair amount of research on how proxies work, because while it is simple in concept, there are a lot of small things you need to consider and get right!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: How to program a proxy template?

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:21 AM

I would be interested in a private proxy
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1