3 Replies - 1023 Views - Last Post: 28 April 2013 - 09:38 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

General aspx questions

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:32 AM

Hello,

I'm trying to create a multi-part aspx.net website using visual studio. I need the website to have several subdirectories so I can have secondary web.config files for authorization. I've been creating the subdirectories by making virtual drives with IIS, then creating a vs website in each drive and adding the drives to my main website. I've run into some conflicts with the files, though (like having to remove most of the secondary web.config files' information), so I was wondering if visual studio offered a better way for making website subdirectories. I'm also confused about whether I need to delete the global.aspx files or anything else within the subdirectories, and I'm not sure how I should publish the website when I'm done without potentially losing the paths between the aspx.net pages. Any help on how to set this web design up would be greatly appreciated.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: General aspx questions

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: General aspx questions

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:45 AM

I've run into some conflicts with the files,

Would you elaborate on this?

As for multiple webconfigs - yes it should be just a issue of creating new sub directories and plunking down a webconfig in each folder.. those webconfigs would over ride any larger (in scope) webconfig.

Example:

http://www.codeproje...Web-config-file
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

The error I had was a problem with the added webpage not running. I followed a suggestion I saw online and removed the a few sections like authentication in my web.config and that seemed to get rid of the error. I'm mainly wondering if other pages in the web applications are likely to cause errors due to their structure at this point.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Peasant
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

Can you post the root config files coding, and the sub directories web configs coding as well? I've run into this problem before, unfortunately, but I did manage to solve it. It had a lot to do with the configs though, nothing else caused it in this case.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1