2 Replies - 394 Views - Last Post: 28 April 2013 - 01:37 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Add new WPF Controls from NuGet to Toolbox?

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

So, I've been trying to work more with WPF instead of Winforms lately, and I wanted an autocomplete textbox today. I got WPF Toolkit from NuGet, but I can't figure out how to actually add the new controls to my Toolbox. My understanding is once I add an XMLNS refernce, such as xmlns:local="clr-namespace:MyWpfProject" I should be able to find it by right-clicking the toolbox and choosing "Choose Items..." but I'm not seeing the controls I now supposedly have access to. I know this is pretty basic, but my Google-Fu is failing me here.

This post has been edited by pharylon: 28 April 2013 - 08:26 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Add new WPF Controls from NuGet to Toolbox?

• Friend lucky3 As IHelpable
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Add new WPF Controls from NuGet to Toolbox?

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

I usually right-click on project in Solution Explorer, and use "Manage NuGet Packages..." to install what I need. Then right-click to Toolbox (potentially Add Tab first) and click Choose Items... Then navigate to Packages folder inside your solution folder (by using Browse button), and choose package's dll (usually inside lib folder).
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Add new WPF Controls from NuGet to Toolbox?

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

I knew it was something easy, but I'd have never figured that out! :D Thanks for the help! If I may ask you another question, is there an easy way to set the style of this item to look like the system standard? For whatever reason, the WPF Toolkit box use a thicker and more rounded border for the AutoComplete textbox than the standard Windows ones and it really clashes with the rest of my form.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1