• (2 Pages)
  • +

18 Replies - 2938 Views - Last Post: 04 May 2013 - 02:04 AM

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: can a drop get job in google or facebook or apple as software engineer

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

+3 on that grammar bit mate. I can't remotely take you seriously based of of this at all.

You want to get noticed by the big boys? Start pushing some serious code and open source on github and they'll find you. That simple? Well, assuming you write good code, commit a lot, and really stand out as a programmer in those projects.

That being said, I've gotten to screening with Google before, and they're rather fickle about randomly dropping an interview based on any number of reasons. I'll be blunt and say that with my level of experience I'm far above your head, and I didn't get past screening. That's a bachelors degree, and full time employment. You have to WORK to get their attention, and that's not something you can do in a few years.

Now here's the second part: wonder why they have all that nice stuff in office? They effectively expect you to live at work. That's awesome for some people that love it, but for others they never think about it until they're about to jump out a window. Remember that one.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

I often see articles about how well big companies' employees got treated, I think I understand now.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

View PostLemur, on 29 April 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

Now here's the second part: wonder why they have all that nice stuff in office? They effectively expect you to live at work. That's awesome for some people that love it, but for others they never think about it until they're about to jump out a window. Remember that one.

Not at all. It's a great place to work for if you have a family, because, in addition to all the family perks, the working hours are ridiculously flexible. gSome people do spend lots of hours there, of course, but only because they enjoy it so much.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:04 AM

cool question lol . My answer is not related to your question but it more of what im thinking about my self
well everyone have different objectives i am learning and whatever im learning im trying to understand what is good and what is bad programming and trying to improve by myself and with help of others . no one is perfect so condition applies.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +