2 Replies - 623 Views - Last Post: 17 May 2013 - 12:07 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Building my first PC

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:57 AM

I am interested in assembling my own PC. It is the first time I am doing it. So I want to ask about it first here. I had gone through some of the tutorials on how to assemble one. Lifehacker had a good tutorial about how to do it. Now, as I have decided what my specs should be I wanted advice. So I have the following doubts. Thank you in advance!
(BTW, I am buying it from flipkart.com, here is the wishlist: http://www.flipkart....g.venkat7-7098)

Q1. Will the following be a good configuration for a mid range gaming/programming and animation (AfterFX) PC?
Q2. Is there anything else which I need to buy (eg. graphics card)?
Q3. The motherboard says it has an onboard Intel HD Graphics card. What does that mean? I was adding a 2GB graphics card too. But when I this, I thought to ask first. Will it provide same performance as a 2GB NVidia GeForce?
Q4. It costs me Rs. 36861 (670 US$) and I already have 2 PCs. So I want to reduce the budget. Is there anyway I can do it without reducing the specs?

Motherboard: Intel DH77EB <Rs 6837 || $127>
Processor: Intel i3 3220 <Rs 7236 || $133.4>
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) PC RAM (CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10) <Rs 4294 || $79.15>
Internal Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint F3 500 GB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (ST500DM005) <Rs 3176 || $58.5>
Internal Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD Burner Internal Optical Drive <Rs 1086 || $20>
PSU: Cooler Master Thunder 500W 500 Watts PSU <Rs 3410 || $62.8>
Cabinet: BitFenix Merc Alpha <Rs 3292 || $60.6>
Processor Fan: Deepcool Alta 7 <Rs 466 || $8.59>
Cabinet Fan: Cooler Master 90 CFM Blue LED Cooler <Rs 500 || $9.22>
Monitor: Dell IN2030M 20 inch Backlit LCD Monitor <Rs 6564 || $121>

I have mouse, keyboard and speakers and a 512 MB RAM and one 1 GB RAM

Total cost (approx.) = 680$

PLEASE REMOVE THE ) FROM THE END OF THE LINK OF THE WISHLIST.
IT IS: http://www.flipkart....ng.venkat7-7098

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Building my first PC

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Building my first PC

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

Motherboard: Intel DH77EB <Rs 6837 || $127>

Any particular reason you are going for a media-centric motherboard?

Cabinet: BitFenix Merc Alpha <Rs 3292 || $60.6>
Cabinet Fan: Cooler Master 90 CFM Blue LED Cooler

Does that case even support a 90mm fan?

512 MB RAM and one 1 GB RAM

DDR3?

Q1. Will the following be a good configuration for a mid range gaming/programming and animation (AfterFX) PC?

I haven't looked at what the onboard video is, but you'll (more than likely) need a dedicated graphics card.

Q2. Is there anything else which I need to buy (eg. graphics card)?

Yes.. a graphics card.

Q3. The motherboard says it has an onboard Intel HD Graphics card. What does that mean? I was adding a 2GB graphics card too. But when I this, I thought to ask first. Will it provide same performance as a 2GB NVidia GeForce?

Onboard graphics are okay, but outside of that you'll want to get something that crunches numbers on its own and not borrowing time off the cpu and taking a chunk of system RAM to do it.

http://www.reviverso...ce-in-graphics/
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Building my first PC

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:07 AM

I like to get motherboards with onboard for the sole reason of having a backup if the graphics card fails. At least you're not dead in the water until you can get a replacement. In regards to the graphics card, if you are going to be doing any type of graphic arts, you will NEED a graphics card. And I will also say that if that is your plan in the short future, save yourself some headaches and go with an nvidia. I'm not fan boy of either, but I can tell you as a graphic artist, ATI's drivers have given me more headaches through the years then it was worth saving the few bucks. The card you have selected will do OK with games, but not great. The motherboard is a decent motherboard. I have the m4 configuration in my tower and have been happy with it. This is the case I went with and I love it. Plenty of room in there and the fans are gigantic!

Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced

And while we are on that subject, it's only a thought but I have had absolutely no problems with Newegg.com in over eleven years of doing business with them. I highly recommend them. Just a thought. I have never heard of the company that you had linked to. I have no idea whether they are good or bad. I would also bump up your PSU a bit more for longevity. I would stay in the 700-1000 watt range if your budget permits. This will future proof you down the road if you do want to get a beefy videocard in that you will already have all the power you will need. Just some thoughts looking at your specs. I'm glad you changed somewhat from your original post because that one wasn't as good.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1