25 Replies - 1390 Views - Last Post: 03 May 2013 - 09:55 PM

#1 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

How to be a bad ass

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

[Full Story]

The confrontation was captured by surveillance footage from a nearby security camera. According to WWL.com, the victim-turned-vigilante wasn't done yet.

According to police, the victim was approached moments later by two black males in a black four door sedan. The victim told police that the driver of the car said, "give me my gun back and I’ll give you your phone that you dropped."
An NOPD spokesman says the intended victim declined to return the shotgun back to the robber, but instead used the weapon to strike and knock out the rear windshied (sic) of the vehicle. Police say the two suspects fled on Frenchmen to St. Claude and then to parts unknown.

It's easy to sit in-front of a computer, & say what you would do in a situation. Though I've never had a gun in my face, I once had a knife pulled on me.

I'm curious what situations others on Dream In Code have found themselves in, & how they played it out.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to be a bad ass

• Saucy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to be a bad ass

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:09 PM

I was thinking more along the lines of some 5-alarm chili, but whatever.
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

Duh.. first you l33t-haX0rz their runescape accounts.. transfer any phatlewt to your account.. sell the rest.. transfer all the gold to your account.. Repeat for the other fellow and any of their friends and family. Take comprising screengrabs of said near-neak'ed accounts. Post on reddit and be the rock-* of the Casbah!

Yeah.. I've been robbed at gun point a few times.. menaced a few more times.. been in bar fights.. sucked into few fights with some old buddies.. not the most shining points in my life.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• Your Imaginary Friend

• View blog

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

I remember this one time, when I was living with four other guys. One of the guys messed around with someone's sister, and then the brother was outside on the porch saying something along the lines of: "C'mon, man. Just let me punch you. I won't punch you in the face, but it's only fair." The surprising part was that he was serious.

I wouldn't want to get into a fight with someone who could rationalise violence so easily. But, he's not 'collect the weapons of your foes as trophies' badass.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• DLN-000

• View blog

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

I LARP. When I was about 16, I was walking to a local game (it was only 2 blocks from my house) in costume. This guy, who lives in one of the houses on the way, steps out of the shadows (its about 9pm, just getting mostly dark, he was lurking in the shadows of a copse of trees along the side of the road). He's got a shotgun pointed at me and saying "where the fuck did you come from." He starts asking me questions, I kept telling him to put the gun down. He refused and kept getting closer. Finally he had the gun right in my face and was within arms reach. I let my training kick in. leaned out of the aim of the gun and threw a single tiger claw at his throat. He dropped the gun, which thankfully didn't go all movie-style and fire randomly, and fell to his knees. I picked up the gun and turned it on him and told him he was going to come with me while I found a cop to deal with him (this was before the age of cell phones). Didn't have to move though - some friends rolled up with two cruisers flashing lights. They had driven by on the way to game and saw me with my hands up, back to the street, and a guy under the street lamp holding a gun on me. They called the police and hurried right the fuck over to save the day. I held the gun up in the air by the butt to make it clear I had no intent of using it and showing my hands. Called out "I'm just putting the gun down on the ground officers!" and did exactly that.

I explained to the cops what happened privately and pressed charges. As for my friends who came to my rescue, I've left it a mystery for all of them as to how I managed to get the gun turned on him. No one but my brothers know I used to train, and I didn't do it long. When I got to the game I must have spent half an hour in the bathroom pissing and shaking, but when it was happening I was calm as could be.

edit: my costume wasn't that strange. Silver hair spray, white powdery makeup, bright red eyeliner, black trenchcoat(this was 1999 or 2000), some buckled knee boots, and fingerless gloves. Guess what game I was playing!

double bonus costume note: one of the friends who came to save me was dressed in full on red Cardinal robes.

This post has been edited by depricated: 30 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• The Noid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:02 AM

What's a tiger claw?
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:01 AM

It's like a bear claw but substitute broken glass for the almonds. Makes it more badass.

I've had but one occasion where someone else had a weapon and, because of that, felt they had the upper hand with something they wanted to do. Their impression was corrected, they changed their mind about their intentions, they went on their way and we went on ours.
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:41 AM

... and it's a little less cool than the Eagle Claw/throat ripping out scene from Roadhouse.

Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• Saucy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:33 AM

I feel so sheltered...I only ever hit someone in anger once, and my father forced me to do it (it was third grade, and the hittee was the neighborhood bully).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

POPULAR

I ate chocolate pudding after watching 2 girls 1 cup once.
Was This Post Helpful? 10
  • +
  • -

• DIC-head, major DIC-head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

Will this topic turn into How tough are ya?

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Michael26: 01 May 2013 - 02:20 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

Apparently, the question was somewhat tardy.

This post has been edited by Craig328: 01 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I'm a cheeseburger
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

So my violent attack stories aren't well formed. I don't usually tell them, because I don't find them that humorous.

I've never had a criminal point a gun in my face though. Thank god. Cops, sure, but most cops won't shoot you all willy nilly unless you go ahead and make fast movements or try to disarm them... so yeah, I would never do that.

BUT

I do have a funny story about a gun in someone's face. This happened to a friend of mine, and he likes to entertain the idea that it's all my fault (as usual I'm putting it in spoiler tags as my stories often get long).

Spoiler

This post has been edited by lordofduct: 01 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Born again Pastafarian.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

When he put that shotgun in the guy's face, I cringed. I have never even shot a real firearm and I know that you never, ever hold a gun in a place where a person can grab it off you before you get a chance to use it. That man is by far the worst bandit I ever did see.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

I'm no criminal and hopefully will never be driven to become one but it seems to me, that if a guy was of a mind to pull the trigger if the victim made a move, that he wouldn't have bothered saying anything to him at all and simply shot him when he approached him.

It seems that he's like most criminals: the weapon is there to intimidate first, to actually use a distant second. The bad guy hopes that the threat of blowing the guy's head off will be all it take for him to cough up his wallet and other valuables.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +