6 Replies - 2862 Views - Last Post: 10 May 2013 - 06:26 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Project load errors in VB6

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

My copy of vb6 has worked in the past. Pc's come and go and of the three I currently have, all with vb6 installed, each reports errors upon loading a project. These errors are recorded in the specific .log file for where the error occurred, for example, frmMain.log in my project. Most if not all these errors appear to be related to .ocx or .dll files. Below I have included on of those log files. Any help would be appreciated.

Line 36: Class MSComctlLib.ImageList of control imlToolbarIcons was not a loaded control class.
Line 94: Class MSComctlLib.Toolbar of control tbrToolBar was not a loaded control class.
Line 159: Class MSComctlLib.StatusBar of control sbrStatus was not a loaded control class.
Line 617: Class MSCommLib.MSComm of control MSComm1 was not a loaded control class.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Project load errors in VB6

• Your Friendly Local Curmudgeon
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Project load errors in VB6

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:37 PM

Looks like you haven't set a reference to the MS Common Controls component. Go into your project and have a look. If you have further trouble, googling "Class MSComctlLib.ImageList of control imlToolbarIcons was not a loaded control class" will give you a wealth of information.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

I posted on this subject before when using vb6 learning edition. At that time, I got many errors during project load, all due to missing files: msmask, mscomctlLIB, mscommLIB, mswinsockLIB and shdocvwch. I discovered (with help) that Learning Edition doesn't come with all these files and more and that I needed to use at least vb6 Pro. I finally found my long lost copy of pro, installed it and attempted to load the same project as before. I got the very same set of errors as with the learning edition. Looking through \windows\system32, none of those files is present. Online, I have found similar file names but not the exact ones for any of these files.

Since those files don't come with vb6 pro as I had hoped, does anyone know how I can acquire these files? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

Merging topics.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

Well, they do come with it. You haven't responded to my last post. Have you set a reference to the MS Common Controls Component?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

Sorry BobRodes. Didn't mean to ignore your post. Yes I added that component (MS Common Controls) along with several other components that had similar names to those in the errors. Not very scientific, but it worked. Now I'm able to load the project but not compile. I still seem to have problems with "controls". For example, I get an error that a variable is not defined. The error refers me to the log file which says:

Line 2: Class {78E93846-85FD-11D0-8487-00A0C90DC8A9} of control DRBirthday was not a loaded control class.
Line 0: The file C:\IDDBProWord\DRBirthday.Dsr could not be loaded.

The first line of the error looks creepingly like the load errors. I haven't been able to find a way to include these dsr files in the project. I've tried several methods but vb6 pro errors on all of them.

Please let me know if this should be a new thread. Thanks.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

dsr files are designer files. Google "ActiveX designers" for more information. I've not used them, so I can't help a great deal. But you're going to have to figure out what functionality your DRBirthday designer brings to your project.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1