6 Replies - 3502 Views - Last Post: 06 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

#1 olimoli123  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 1
  • View blog
  • Posts: 35
  • Joined: 01-February 09

Graphic Tutorials for a web developer

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:19 AM

Hello, I'm currently a web developer with vast knowledge of CSS, HTML, JS, blah blah, and i'm looking to enhance my designing techniques with the use of some graphics.

Would anyone happen to know where i can find some great graphics tutorials? Google isnt my friend in this situation :[

Thanks!
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Graphic Tutorials for a web developer

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is offline

  • Suitor #2
  • member icon



Reputation: 8948
  • View blog
  • Posts: 33,544
  • Joined: 12-June 08

Re: Graphic Tutorials for a web developer

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:44 AM

You may have to be more specific.. I mean I can throw "graphic design tutorial" in bing and get an insane amount of results.

A few of my more favorite sites:
http://psd.tutsplus.com/
http://vector.tutsplus.com/
http://www.smashingmagazine.com/
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 Lemur  Icon User is offline

  • Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon


Reputation: 1359
  • View blog
  • Posts: 3,424
  • Joined: 28-November 09

Re: Graphic Tutorials for a web developer

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:58 AM

View Postolimoli123, on 02 May 2013 - 07:19 AM, said:

Hello, I'm currently a web developer with vast knowledge of CSS, HTML, JS, blah blah, and i'm looking to enhance my designing techniques with the use of some graphics.

Would anyone happen to know where i can find some great graphics tutorials? Google isnt my friend in this situation :[

Thanks!


Perhaps you're not asking it the right questions.

Now then, when you say design what are you aiming for? Yes, there are a lot of things encompased in there.

Color Theory, Typography, Grid Layouts, Whitespace, Patterns, Gradients, and it just goes on and on.

So what ARE you looking for?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 olimoli123  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 1
  • View blog
  • Posts: 35
  • Joined: 01-February 09

Re: Graphic Tutorials for a web developer

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:25 AM

View PostLemur, on 04 May 2013 - 01:58 AM, said:

View Postolimoli123, on 02 May 2013 - 07:19 AM, said:

Hello, I'm currently a web developer with vast knowledge of CSS, HTML, JS, blah blah, and i'm looking to enhance my designing techniques with the use of some graphics.

Would anyone happen to know where i can find some great graphics tutorials? Google isnt my friend in this situation :[

Thanks!


Perhaps you're not asking it the right questions.

Now then, when you say design what are you aiming for? Yes, there are a lot of things encompased in there.

Color Theory, Typography, Grid Layouts, Whitespace, Patterns, Gradients, and it just goes on and on.

So what ARE you looking for?


No idea... But when i say this, i compare my website:
http://www.oli.pw
to a website like:
http://zufelt.ca/

The design tactics used are crazy haha. I really dont know where to start..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 olimoli123  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 1
  • View blog
  • Posts: 35
  • Joined: 01-February 09

Re: Graphic Tutorials for a web developer

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

Bump? :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 Lemur  Icon User is offline

  • Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon


Reputation: 1359
  • View blog
  • Posts: 3,424
  • Joined: 28-November 09

Re: Graphic Tutorials for a web developer

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

You're comparing apples to oranges here. If you really want to learn, we have to know what you know first. Design is a set of rules and guidelines that can be learned, whether by intuition or by study.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#7 olimoli123  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 1
  • View blog
  • Posts: 35
  • Joined: 01-February 09

Re: Graphic Tutorials for a web developer

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

View PostLemur, on 06 May 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

You're comparing apples to oranges here. If you really want to learn, we have to know what you know first. Design is a set of rules and guidelines that can be learned, whether by intuition or by study.

Alright, how about backgrounds of a webpage?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1