Resize Image using imageexpress and vb6

• (2 Pages)
  • +

18 Replies - 1707 Views - Last Post: 18 May 2013 - 07:22 AM Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Resize Image using imageexpress and vb6

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:10 AM

View Postkentlucky, on 05 May 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

View PostBobRodes, on 05 May 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

If the file is too large, then the problem is probably with the file, not ImageExpress (I've never used it though). Can you edit the file in any way before loading it? If so, you might want to find ways to compress them or convert them to a different format.

Yes the file is the problem because it is very large.. I was trying to create a conversion program but I didn't start yet.. i don't know how to convert or compress this jpg file. I want to make the size smaller and that's solve the problem..

Hi. I have already try to convert the images but the converted image is low quality and now they decide to not use any converter. So now I'm really to make a solution on this problem using vb6. I want to make my program faster even if the images is too big.. they also recommend that I will going to use dual monitor because of large images..

I hope that anybody here can help me in my problem.. thanks
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Your Friendly Local Curmudgeon
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:08 PM

Ok, you don't want to change anything that you're doing but you want it to go faster. I'm sorry, but you can't do that. There are plenty of conversions that are high quality and a good deal smaller than jpeg. If your converted image is "low quality" you're either choosing a file type that is very old, you aren't doing it right, or your standards are extremely high.

Maybe ImageExpress is really really slow, too...
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:04 AM

Thanks for the help Mr. BobRodes :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Your Friendly Local Curmudgeon
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:22 AM

Good luck! Maybe you can explain to your management that they have to choose between image quality and application performance. Perhaps you can work on striking a balance between them that works for your people.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +