3 Replies - 1373 Views - Last Post: 21 August 2007 - 11:44 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

I need a new project! QUICK!

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:40 AM

I've recently been practince my VC++ skills by going through a Learn C++ blah blah book. I started doing some of the practices at the end of each chapter and soon found myself skimming to the end and doing some of the more advanced chapters exercises. The problem is they aren't that hard/large. I need an idea for a large project that would be something a c++ programmer might do in the work place. I've tried to think of a few tools and what not to use/create for home, but nothing substancial has come to mind. I've looked at some open source projects online but I don't really want to work with anyone else (I know it's vital to work with people on development teams but I just want to practice).

I need a project. Anyone have any ideas of something they've done in the past or ANYTHING?

ps: thanks for reading my long and boring post. Cheers.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: I need a new project! QUICK!

• Barbarbar
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: I need a new project! QUICK!

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:39 AM

What about a grocery store's POS(Point Of Sale) system? Something where you'd need to store and keep track of things like sales, prices, UPC's for products, inventory, etc.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:21 AM

Hmmm...build an accounting system for a medium sized company. Build a program to monitor network resource usage. Build a Content Management System. build an order entry system. build the software portion of a scanning tool set meant to interface with hardware.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:44 AM

Hmmm, the network usage monitoring program sounds like it might be a good choice, I could test it at home on my network at first then develop it to work on a larger one. These are good, thanks!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1