What game are you developing on the side?

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

53 Replies - 12511 Views - Last Post: Yesterday, 02:39 PM Rate Topic: -----

#46 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: What game are you developing on the side?

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:35 AM

Why are the last two so dark?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 21 May 2014 - 08:35 AM, said:

?, um, because there are trees around that provide shadows

View Postmodi123_1, on 21 May 2014 - 08:35 AM, said:

LOL Now that you mentioned it, somehow it looks darker after the printscreening
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:41 AM

My first pass at a random dungeon/map algorithm. Use w, a, s,d to move and q and e to turn. There is a button in the bottom right to generate a new map.

Captive Hero

This post has been edited by AdoTheLimey: 01 October 2014 - 02:42 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:31 AM

I'm new to C# and am currently learning on the go as I put together a one-on-one basketball text sim. It is in the very early stages when I have the user setup his player with name, height, weight and attributes and he gets to play a game against an opponent. I would like to add in an experience system to "level up" as well as add in training to improve attributes, but that will come later.

My files are located <Removed> in a zip file. If anyone wants to check it out and give me any feedback, I am all ears! Thanks in advance!

This post has been edited by macosxnerd101: 02 October 2014 - 01:08 PM
Reason for edit:: Removed malicious link

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 02 October 2014 - 01:09 PM

Hi R1zzo. I tried to download your file but chrome is flagging it as malware and blocking it. Anything in there I should be concerned about?

I couldnt sleep last night, so I knocked this up. It was inspired by the 3 minute game. My highest legit score is 1.79. There is a glitch that will let you score indefinitely if you can find it ;)

My god, its full of cubes

This post has been edited by AdoTheLimey: 02 October 2014 - 01:11 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 02 October 2014 - 01:50 PM

View PostAdoTheLimey, on 02 October 2014 - 03:09 PM, said:

Hi R1zzo. I tried to download your file but chrome is flagging it as malware and blocking it. Anything in there I should be concerned about?

I couldnt sleep last night, so I knocked this up. It was inspired by the 3 minute game. My highest legit score is 1.79. There is a glitch that will let you score indefinitely if you can find it ;)/>

My god, its full of cubes

There is no malware in there at all. Here's a link to my GitHub repository with the files in there: https://github.com/R...3/HoopItUp.git. If you take at a look at it let me know what you think and anything I can change or fix either by replying here or sending me a PM.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:07 PM

I am making a game about this empire of empires where there are several galaxies each with several solar systems.

It is a virtual world type game.

When you click play there is this animation of zooming in on several galaxies in the universe. When you click on a particular galaxy(Math, Science, Languages, or Music) there is another animation of zooming in to particular solar systems. Each galaxy has its separate solar systems. Here it is:

Math galaxy:

Arithmetic from base 2 to base 62(Using 0-9 for bases 2-10, that + Capital letters for bases from 11 to 36, and that + lowercase letters for bases as high as base 62)

Algebra from base 2 to base 62(Includes calculus stuff like derivatives and integrals)

Complex numbers from base 2 to base 62

Geometry from 1D to 10D

Linear Algebra(matrices and vectors) from base 2 to base 62

Science galaxy:

Biology:

Macro

Micro

Chemistry

Physics(Where more than 1 unit can impregnate any particular unit)

Languages which is more like a satellite galaxy of the 2 major ones:

All languages including english

Music which is also a satellite galaxy:

Different instruments

These have like houses as their planets where stairs are like the octaves and 12 notes live in there. These start off with each note having a separate sleeping place. Then major and minor thirds sleep together. Finally these form major and minor chords and sleep together that way.

C in particular is taught about music by F and G starting with notes, then octaves, than intervals from diminished 2nd(unison) to augmented octave(same as minor 9th). He is even taught about different types of scales, pieces, and several other things related to music. B always has nightmares because he sleeps in a low and mysterious place unless another note is there like G. When G puts him back to sleep and goes back to her original sleeping place B has another nightmare and so G is often tired until she and D sleep with B to form a G major chord in the same place where B has slept since the beginning.

Once you have chosen your solar system there is yet another animation of zooming in to individual planets. Once you have chosen your starting planet there is a tutorial. Here are the things that you learn in the tutorial:

How to move
How to talk to the notes, atoms, units, organisms, letters, words, and sentences or numbers
Special powers like the ability to heal somebody else

After the tutorial you are in a meeting and they talk about rules for the particular subject, than ideas about building a city, than how the new note, atom, molecule, unit, organism, letter, word, sentence, or number is determined given a certain size group of notes, atoms, units, organisms, letters, words, sentences, or numbers

Then you help them build a city. I imagine this as being like Beethoven's 5th symphony going from dark to light where the dark part of the symphony in C minor represents the city starting to be built and the notes, atoms, units, organisms, letters, words, sentences, or numbers getting injured and you have to heal a lot of them and the light part in C major represents the city being almost done with much fewer injuries occuring. The other 2 movements represent the intermediate periods where the % injured varies a lot like the music does.

You even get to see what happens in pregnancy. I imagine this as being like Mozart's 40th symphony, you know peaceful but with a lot of action.

This post has been edited by caters: 04 November 2014 - 12:13 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:23 AM

Building a text based game from scratch whilst also learning to code, got to the point where I can code freely without having to keep looking up tutorials haha
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted Yesterday, 02:39 PM

View Postryemck, on 16 November 2014 - 03:23 AM, said:

Building a text based game from scratch whilst also learning to code, got to the point where I can code freely without having to keep looking up tutorials haha

This is exactly what I'm trying to do.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First