What game are you developing on the side?

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

66 Replies - 42928 Views - Last Post: 29 May 2017 - 10:39 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: What game are you developing on the side?

Posted 09 July 2016 - 10:05 AM

I've been working for the last month or so on an Age of Empires 2 text game. Coming along very well and I'm pleased with my ability to implement things seamlessly without any hiccups. If anyone wants to check it out and give me some feedback let me know and I'll get you the files.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 July 2016 - 04:15 AM

View Posttonnygaet, on 20 July 2016 - 05:11 AM, said:

PHP, jQuery and PostgreSQL

What is the game you're developing?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:00 PM

To keep fine tuning my php/sql/js/css/html I am about finished with a BBS L.O.R.D. clone called LEGENDS. There will be changes of course, and I know not much demand for text-based browser games, but am happy with it enough that I also enjoy playing this version. Written completely from scratch (and with the help of my BBS for screens ). Open to the public if anyone wants to help iron out bugs - it is still pre-alpha.. but definitely playable.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 May 2017 - 04:27 AM

R1zzo23 do you have your game online? Sounds interesting. I'm a fan of text based games and making one myself called ArchaicQuest.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:26 AM

My files are not online right now. If I have a chance, I'll post what I have as a downloadable .zip file if you want to check it out. I haven't worked on it for a few months and will always just be a small project I go back and work on from time to time.

I'll check out your ArchaicQuest game when I have a chance too!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:25 PM

View Postlrk89, on 04 May 2017 - 07:27 AM, said:

R1zzo23 do you have your game online? Sounds interesting. I'm a fan of text based games and making one myself called ArchaicQuest.

Sorry this took longer than expected to post. I zipped up my solution and uploaded it to Dropbox. You can download it from THIS LINK. If you have Microsoft Visual Studios, you should be able to open it up in there no problem.

It's all text based and uses [very] rough location systems and travel distances. There are no collisions or "map awareness" yet, meaning you could build infinite amount of buildings on the same spots with no problems. Also, I know that the timers for certain things are off - like advancing from age to age - and that was done for testing purposes to see if things worked properly.

There are only villagers in the game so far - no armies or AI. I was trying to get down all of the resource nuances before expanding to knights/infantry.

If anyone wants to take a look at it and let me know what you think, I'd love any and all feedback. The more critical the better!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 May 2017 - 10:39 PM

Me and my friend are starting to develop a mobile game for children. Me personally is not really into with IT, but i am the who lead as the design artist.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First