1 Replies - 1246 Views - Last Post: 06 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

HDMI connection computer - tv not working

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

Hello.

So this problem has occurred now after working properly for a year and a half. I have a regular PC and Samsung Smart TV and I used to connect them with HDMI cable so I can see the big screen on the TV. It worked perfectly as I already stated but now it simply doesn't work. When I go to sources on TV nothing about my computer shows up, neither does on screen resolution and monitor properties. It's just as if it wasn't even connected. What I tried:

- Re-plugging HDMI cable in both TV and computer
- Changing HDMI port on computer
- Updating the drivers
- Restarting computer
- Restarting TV
Nothing worked by now so if you have any helpful answer I would appreciate it.
Thanks in advance,
Koyax

P.S The HDMI cable itself works because I've tried connecting different devices..

This post has been edited by Koyax: 06 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: HDMI connection computer - tv not working

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: HDMI connection computer - tv not working

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

Have you tried plugging it from the computer into another monitor other than the TV? If that works fine, then you know it is the TV which is the problem. Sounds like perhaps a setting was accidentally changed somewhere. If it doesn't work on the other monitor then you know it is probably something with the settings on the computer. Something must have changed recently if it worked fine before. I would be looking at the software settings either on the TV or the computer. I don't think you have a hardware issue by the sounds of it. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1