4 Replies - 1062 Views - Last Post: 18 May 2013 - 07:40 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Dual Monitor to Load Big Images

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:36 AM

My program is very slow because of big images. I've try to use an image compressor to make my image lighter.. I've successfully converted it but the problem is the image is low quality which is bad because we need to make our image more clearly but fast. They suggested me to create a program in a dual monitor so that the full image is in the other monitor and the data will be on the other one.. But I dont know what's the big idea on how to make my make this program faster using dual monitor.. is there anyone here want to help me on my problem??

Thanks

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Dual Monitor to Load Big Images

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Dual Monitor to Load Big Images

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:35 AM

Using two monitors is just about displaying the image.
It won't change how your program actually deals with the data.

First you say the image is so big it makes your program slow.
Then you say the image is low quality.
So which is it? Rarely do you see a massive image at 72dpi.

Also, doing this with ancient VB6 is not doing you any favors. There are numerous libraries out there for image manipulation but you need to step in to the current century to make use of them. You should be looking at some flavor of .NET, either C# or VB.NET and leave VB6 behind.

If you move forward to .NET then you can make better use of multi-threading and even multi-core design through the Parallel Task Library.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:39 AM

My image is too big.. and when I've try to convert it using a converter app the result is low quality. Yes I really want to move to VB.NET and I already installed it in my computer at home.. but the main problem is I dont have any knowledge in VB.NET.. yes I believe that i can learn this but my program is very rush and is badly needed. I dont know if i can finish this using vb.net until tomorrow because this is the first time I will use VB.NET to create my program.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

What does "too big" mean? is it 18 megapixel? Is it 40,000 x 80,000 pixels? Or is 1920x1080 bigger than your picture box? Does too big mean width/height dimensions or memory size for the PC the application is running on?

Why are you running it through a converter app? Just do it yourself in code. That's what developer's do, write code to solve issues. Otherwise it sounds like your just being a script-kiddie trying to script control other people's work; so of course you get limited results.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Your Friendly Local Curmudgeon
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:40 AM

View Postkentlucky, on 08 May 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

My image is too big.. and when I've try to convert it using a converter app the result is low quality. Yes I really want to move to VB.NET and I already installed it in my computer at home.. but the main problem is I dont have any knowledge in VB.NET.. yes I believe that i can learn this but my program is very rush and is badly needed. I dont know if i can finish this using vb.net until tomorrow because this is the first time I will use VB.NET to create my program.

We've now been talking about this problem in three separate posts. (Please don't make it four!!!! Stick with this thread until the problem gets resolved; duplicate posts just confuse everyone. I'm keeping this one separate because of the two-monitor thing.) Let me suggest one other thing. If your conversion is of "low quality" perhaps you aren't doing the conversion very well. Most images on the internet do NOT use jpeg files because they are too big, and you are basically trying to tell everyone that the quality of images on the internet is of insufficient quality for your needs. This I find much harder to believe than the idea that you aren't doing the conversion properly. Are you planning to do professional-quality poster prints off of these files or something? If not, then you probably aren't researching your conversion option thoroughly enough.

This post has been edited by BobRodes: 18 May 2013 - 07:43 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1