0 Replies - 217 Views - Last Post: 11 May 2013 - 02:27 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Turn USE CASE into Sequence Diagram

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:27 AM

Hi.

As part of my hobby I am currently teaching myself about USE CASES and sequence diagrams.

This is the use case:

Use case: Record Purchase
Actors involved: Sales Person
Preconditions: The purchase is ready to be made.

Main flow: The sales system interface displays that it is ready for a new purchase or return of sold items. A Sales Person begins a new purchase. A new purchase record is created for the purchase. The Sales Person enters their id number into the record and their details are attached to the record. A receipt number and date and time are generated and stored by the purchase record. The barcode of each item that the customer wants to purchase is read. The barcode will contain a barcode number for the item. The items are added to the purchase record. The product type of the item is determined from the barcode number. The price of the item is then found from the price of its product type. Once the last item has been added to the purchase record the price is calculated for each item and for the entire purchase. A list is displayed of: each item’s price and the product name for that item; the price of the entire purchase; and the name of the Sales Person. When payment is taken by the Sales Person the purchase recorded as set to complete and each item is recorded as sold.

I have learned so far that the objects within the sequence diagram are usually identified as NOUNS within the USE CASE.

Therefore, the objects I can find are: Sales person, sales system, purchase.
Are there anymore objects?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1