2 Replies - 583 Views - Last Post: 11 May 2013 - 07:22 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Importance of HTML.

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:17 AM

Hi friends
Nowadays, java applications are playing a major role in building web applications and dynamic websites..also there are other languages like php,perl and asp.net available. But how html is still important in website creation?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Importance of HTML.

• 痛覚残留
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Importance of HTML.

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:25 AM

let me use a metaphor: how do you eat when you have the best and fanciest cutlery, but nothing on your plate?

HTML is the only language*, that makes content displayable in a browser. you can use Java (I don’t think Java ever played a major role in web apps), Javascript, PHP, Perl, ASP, etc. to create and modify HTML, but without HTML the browsers have nothing to display (maybe besides images, music and videos (as long a a supporting codec is available)).

* - hm, maybe XML too, but that is just like HTML with some different rules.

This post has been edited by Dormilich: 11 May 2013 - 03:26 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dreaming Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Importance of HTML.

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:22 AM

Your browser reads and processes HTML. The languages noted, PHP, ASP, JAVA ( assuming middle tier, not an applet ) do server side processing and ultimately produce the language the browser understands: HTML. Without HTML, those languages wouldn't work, so it's kind of a bizarre question.

Conversely, any language can run on a server and produce HTML content in response to an HTTP request. Those dominant server side languages can change and the browser, reading HTML, wouldn't even know it.

Further, the current heavier reliance on Javascript and dynamic content means those server languages do even less work than they used to, as more work is done in the browser itself.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1