3 Replies - 811 Views - Last Post: 13 May 2013 - 06:09 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Game developing beeing less than 18 years old

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:26 AM

Im a 16 years old guy that started programming as a hobby, and now, im thinking about my posible future in programming.

I have thought about releasing a game, but I dont know if this is legal, because if I release it, I may want to get some money, but I dont think I will get much (if I get any).
In some countries, you can work when you are 16, if you are not studing ( I am ) so as I said, im not sure about if this is legal or possible.

Please help?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Game developing beeing less than 18 years old

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Game developing beeing less than 18 years old

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

Reword that.. it did not make sense.

Typically child labor laws apply to people making the child work and not a hobby of said child, and typically the only country that is germane to is the country said minor resides.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

If its a game worth paying for, I don't see what's stopping you from setting up website for it granted you don't make a complete living off of it...

You can even ask for donations if you want...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:09 AM

Some countries have some odd laws about income and taxes, though. Some require that an adult of legal age be the one to receive the income so that appropriates taxes are filed if the income is over a certain amount. Additionally, if you are licensing your game for use (e.g. the classic EULA that most big game companies post at the beginning of their game prior to install), some countries require that the participants be of legal age to participate or arrange such a legal agreement.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1