4 Replies - 576 Views - Last Post: 21 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Late introduction!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

Hello forumers.

I have posted before in the C# section but completely forgot to introduce myself.

You guys can call me PikselRose, Piksel or Rose, the choice is yours. I'm a 30 years old female who's currently studying programming in college. As to why I am studying rather late is because, I studied so many things but without finding the path that was suitable for me.

Sometimes, I still wonder if I made the right choice in taking programming. I love to learn from books, online tutorials and Youtube videos... however, the problem is that I am more of a visual thinker than logical, which can sometimes cause some issues in understanding codes. I always have to see a visual of what it does at all time for me to catch on, that is how my brains function. Also, it is likely highly possible that I have a disability in understanding written and verbal instructions. I have had this problem since childhood and sometimes I wonder how I pulled through Elementary and High School.

I have a strong love for video games since 1987 and now wish to learn how they are made. I hope to be capable to create my own Indie games someday once I finish my studies and find a stable job (with Ubisoft maybe). I have this strange idea in getting my hands on an SNES and cartridge to dismantle and check out the parts and learn more on how codes are stuffed in plastic/metal.

Oh yeah... I'm much like an hermit. I don't go out much, as well as no interest in real-life social interactions or making actual friends that lives in my area.

Well, that's me in a nutshell.

Nice to meet'cha.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Late introduction!

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: Late introduction!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

learning programing is much like learning a secondary language. For most people its kida hard lol.
however it comes with time and practice. Also you will find there are many different approaches to how to think about it. I hope you find what works for you here at Dreamincode! Welcome welcome I would add something about the forums but it seems you already found those :).
just a question what type of games do you most enjoy?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

@Jingle

I mostly enjoy RPGs and Platformer (best is when both are combined together, like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night) games when playing on a game system. Online, I like MMOs (my favorite is Mabinogi) but I also enjoy well-made flash games, especially if they are reminiscent of Tetris or Columns.

I could go on and on about this... but I don't want to bore you. All in all, I did play a bit of everything but my strongest attractions are what I mentioned above.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

I don't have the coordination for the platform games. but I have really enjoyed some of the MMORPGs when younger I loved Runescape.

View PostPikselRose, on 17 May 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

but I also enjoy well-made flash games, especially if they are reminiscent of Tetris or Columns.

nothing like playing one of the classics.

I also like turn based games like final fantasy and Civilization.

anyway I hope to see you around.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

@Jingle

I have heard about Runescape but never tried it out. When I started, it was with Ragnarok Online, on a private server obviously. I then tried several more like Flyff, Perfect World, Maplestory (which made me discover Mabinogi). Currently, I am waiting for the new Phantasy Star Online, unless it's out already... and I still wonder about this:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=0-557HoztwE

Anyways, as for me being around, I can only have access to a computer at school, until my laptop's screen is changed. It had an unfortunate incident.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1