4 Replies - 507 Views - Last Post: 20 May 2013 - 06:21 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Script to Upload File into a Specified File Path for FTP

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:27 PM

I'm not sure if i'm asking this in the right section but can someone tell me if it's possible to create a custom script that allows say a screenshot .png file to be uploaded via ftp protocols into a specified file path?

The problem is that I like this screenshot Software and it has ftp but there's no option to specify which file path the images are uploaded to so it just floods my main ftp directory instead of going into the folder I need it to go into. The program supports custom scripted files though. Does anyone know how I could go about doing this? or at least point me in the right direction? I've been trying to find some way to create this but I think i'm looking in the wrong places.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Script to Upload File into a Specified File Path for FTP

#2 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Script to Upload File into a Specified File Path for FTP

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

Moved to Other Languages.

You'll have to provide more info on the tool you're using and the language(s) it supports.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:40 PM

View Postmacosxnerd101, on 20 May 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

Moved to Other Languages.

You'll have to provide more info on the tool you're using and the language(s) it supports.

The name of the program is called Screenpresso. It's a screenshot software and I don't really wanna switch to a different one so I was going to try to figure out if I can script the FTP path. I'm not exactly sure what programming was used to make the software. Any idea how I can find that out? I will go ahead and research it some more and see what I can figure out.

I've attached 2 screenshots of the FTP (with no file path specified) and a screenshot that scripting is optional but it doesn't say what type of coding or anything other then a custom script can be made to specify options and details for the upload. This leads me to think that it might be possible to create an ftp script to specify the actual file path for upload maybe.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

The help docs are probably a good place to start to learn more about scripting. An alternative is to write a script on your FTP server to handle the necessary moves.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

View Postmacosxnerd101, on 20 May 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

The help docs are probably a good place to start to learn more about scripting. An alternative is to write a script on your FTP server to handle the necessary moves.

I will look more into it
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1