2 Replies - 1278 Views - Last Post: 27 May 2013 - 06:47 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

How to make setup of asp.net website for local host?

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:08 AM

Hello!
I have made a website project on Asp.Net 2008 but I have no Idea how to make its setup when I try to make its setup via Visual Studio build in setup project and setup makes successfully but when I try to install of that setup file then It says The system need windows server2000 or IIS.
I don't know what is the actual problem, Please let me know the exact problem with your suggestion help.
thanks in advance....!!!!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to make setup of asp.net website for local host?

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to make setup of asp.net website for local host?

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

We can't tell you the problem because we don't have your setup in-front of us. YOU have to tell us what the problem is and what steps you have taken to try and solve it. This could be an issue of you trying to install on a machine that does not have IIS Setup, it could be that you haven't setup the website inside IIS, you haven't correctly done the setup project. Any number of issues could be the problem.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Peasant
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to make setup of asp.net website for local host?

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:47 AM

It sounds pretty straightforward. You need Internet Information Services setup on your machine as well as the server needs to apparently be a windows 2000 server. Funny though I'm not really sure where or why you are setting up your site like a windows application. Go to the application right click and go to publish. Publish the files to a folder somewhere. To run the website with those files you have to go setup a website in the Internet Information Services to use the files you've just published. That's all I've ever had to do on all my web servers with Visual Studio.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1