1 Replies - 181 Views - Last Post: 21 May 2013 - 06:51 AM

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Masthead or Organization Officers page in Drupal

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:26 AM

Do you have any recommendations on how to create a Masthead or Organization Officers type page in Drupal?

Something like: http://www.nytimes.c..._newspaper.html or http://www.microsoft...s/exec/bod.aspx

Should I just make it a single article type page with the names, positions, and their contact information? Or should I take the time to create Users for each of the people and create a view that lists the names, positions, and contact information?

If I go down the route of using Users, how do I sort the names by their position in the organization? (e.g. Vice President comes after President, but before Treasurer) Notice that the MS executive page has people listed by last name -- I don't want this.

I expect to only churn the content only about once a year when new officers are elected unless there is a sudden vacancy.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Masthead or Organization Officers page in Drupal

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Masthead or Organization Officers page in Drupal

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:51 AM

Should I just make it a single article type page with the names, positions, and their contact information? Or should I take the time to create Users for each of the people and create a view that lists the names, positions, and contact information?

Personally I would go the single page route (faster, more easy to accomplish, etc), but if they (your superiors) want 'profiles' then that is not a hard road to walk.

If I go down the route of using Users, how do I sort the names by their position in the organization? (e.g. Vice President comes after President, but before Treasurer) Notice that the MS executive page has people listed by last name -- I don't want this.

The way we do it is have a database table of our execs. Row ID, name, title, and an 'organization index' column. The page queries the table, pulls back the relevant info, and orders by the 'organizational index'. The personal pages are just links that shoot to a 'details' page with the row id.. the 'details' page takes that row id and goes back to snatch up the profile write up.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1