3 Replies - 1591 Views - Last Post: 05 September 2007 - 11:54 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Installing SQl & crystal reports on Customer Computer

Post icon  Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:32 PM

Hello,

I am doing a small software for a manufacturing company. They have MS-Access installed.

I will be using VB as front-end for data entry

Obviously I will be creating a .exe file. My guess is I don't need to install Visual Studio or VB 6 on their computer. Am I right?

I will be doing some Crystal Reports also . Do I need to install this software and SQL as i will be writing some stored procedures also.

In short do I need to install VB,Crystal Reports Software and SQL on my Customer's System

Thanks in advance

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Installing SQl & crystal reports on Customer Computer

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Installing SQl & crystal reports on Customer Computer

Posted 24 August 2007 - 12:17 AM

Well they need a SQL database to store the data in, you can check out SQL Server 2005 Express for that.

As far as having VB6 or Visual Studio installed, those don't need to be installed but the Visual Basic runtime needs to be installed on their computer. This can be included as part of your installation package, created by the Package & Deployment wizard or some other 3rd party setup package software.

As far as Crystal Reports, I believe you can just include the Crystal Reports DLL & OCX file (I could be wrong on this one), that will then be registered on their system during the software installation.

Hope this helps :)

Happy Coding!

This post has been edited by PsychoCoder: 24 August 2007 - 12:17 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 August 2007 - 11:34 PM

Thanks for ur reply

Well I am not going to store the databases in SQl server. I am using MS-Access . I will be only writing Sql statements and procedures in crytsal reports. SO do I still need to install Sql software?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:54 PM

View Postpriya2345, on 24 Aug, 2007 - 11:34 PM, said:

Thanks for ur reply

Well I am not going to store the databases in SQl server. I am using MS-Access . I will be only writing Sql statements and procedures in crytsal reports. SO do I still need to install Sql software?

Hello...

You can use the MS Access' Query Designer...

You don't need to install SQL Server, but if you wish to, you just have to import all your MS Access TABLES and QUERY to MS SQL Server then use the MS SQL instead...

Happy Coding....
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1