Xbox One vs PS4

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

134 Replies - 4639 Views - Last Post: 03 July 2013 - 02:10 AM

Poll: Xbox One vs PS4 (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Which are you more inclined to buy?

1. Xbox One (10 votes [27.78%])

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

2. PS4 (21 votes [58.33%])

Percentage of vote: 58.33%

3. Both (5 votes [13.89%])

Percentage of vote: 13.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

• The Noid
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Xbox One vs PS4

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:19 AM

You can hate whatever you want for no reason. But if you chose a reason, it should make some amount of sense, or else you should be willing to admint that there's no reason...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:31 AM

But hating companies is so much more fun when you can write hateful crap online with nonsensical logic backing it up. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I'm a cheeseburger
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:45 AM

I don't care if you hate a company even for a reason that doesn't make sense. I don't care if you hate PizzleBots because the CFO drives a red car.

I think it's hypocritical to think anyone who likes a company you don't like is an idiot. Seeing as it's rather idiotic.

This post has been edited by lordofduct: 01 July 2013 - 08:46 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:11 AM

sergio likes to take stances and refuse to back them up, this is pretty much par for the course. and actually, still a step up from the time he said it was ok to call people faggots (something like that, close enough really).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Noid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:06 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. I retract my previous rebuttal to his last statement, due to a precedence of nonsense.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:16 PM

Choosing a product over another that has less benefits and is more _expensive_, is idiotic in my opinion.

This post has been edited by Sergio Tapia: 01 July 2013 - 01:16 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:21 PM

Oh you can't just leave folks hanging with even MORE vague hand waving. Which one has less of the bennies? The PS4 for not being a hands/voice/remote operated media complex _AND_ a great video game player, or XBOXONE for, theoretically, marginalizing indie developers (though they are not)?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

View PostSergio Tapia, on 01 July 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

Choosing a product over another that has less benefits and is more _expensive_, is idiotic in my opinion.

same benefits. the only difference is the kinect, which you pay $100 more for. this has been stated MULTIPLE times in this thread.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I'm a cheeseburger
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

Depends on what you consider 'benefits'.

Xbox one offers up capabilities the PS4 does not have. If one finds the media center integration or the kinect capabilities (of which there are numerous) at all interesting. It's the clear winner. Since really no other console offers it.

Of course if those features don't interest you, or if you find the kinect's always on functionality intrusive, than you wouldn't want it.

But that doesn't make all those who want those features 'idiotic', and especially not for your reasoning since you reasoning fails on an apples to oranges basis.

Really the xbox has almost everything the ps4 will have hardware wise (only difference is the memory architecture... which really will only effect exclusive titles since cross-platform titles will architect a happy medium between the two console architectures... and if exclusive titles sway you, it's the titles that won you, not the console).

Xbox just ADDS ONTO that. Hence the 100 dollar higher price.

The only other bastion of 'difference' that PS4 might garner is the 3rd party support. MS removed a lot of indie support, but really we all saw that coming long before this all came out because they dropped XNA in general. The Unity thing kind of makes up for it... kind of. But that's just so grey area... really... not a large enough gap to call 'idiot' over. And is purely subjective.

This post has been edited by lordofduct: 01 July 2013 - 01:28 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#130 Curtis Rutland  Icon User is online

• (╯□)╯︵ (~ .o.)~
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:28 PM

The PS4 also offers some benefits that the XBone doesn't; the PS4's hardware has been shown to have significantly more power. Of course, that's been true for this round of consoles as well, so we'll actually have to see if this becomes an important distinction. There's probably going to be more cross-platform games than ever before, so we'll have to see if devs will put in the extra effort to utilize the additional resources or just be happy with using the XBone's capabilities as a ceiling and porting between the two.

What is "idiotic" is judging others to be idiots for not having the same priorities as yourself.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I'm a cheeseburger
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:35 PM

I wouldn't say significant.

A faster bandwidth on memory.
And a few extra cycles in the processor, a processor one must note that is otherwise the same processor.

It's a definitely a difference that leans in the direction of the PS4. But significant?

And as you bring up with the cross platform... the difference probably isn't going to be noticeable enough to warrant custom engineering between the two. Especially not with the games built on big name engines that are designed already with cross platform in mind.

They're PCs essentially now. Both Sony and MS purposely went out and asked devs what they wanted, expecting to get back demands for fancy architectures, and instead came back with demands for generic architectures similar to x86. Developers stop wanting to jump through hoops to get poly's on screen... they just want a lot of power that they can easily swing to make a good game. Game developers MAKE GAMES first, not crazy on chip ray casting whizzily dizzily that takes some engineer 4 months to get working for a custom engine.

So Sony and MS released that. A damn PC in a box that plugs into your TV.

And why would they do that? To tweak that extra little oomph out of the slightly different memory architecture? Or so they can generalize the game making process and broaden their audience?

Really... which do you think?

I actually just watched a video from one of the guys who designed the PS4 who explicitly stated that's why. Basically stating the time to triangle, the duration of time to get your engine off the ground from nothing to rendering visuals, has been getting longer each succession of playstation. From under 2 months with the PSX to nearly upwards of a year with the PS3. Devs demanded a system that could have a time to triangle back down at 1 or 2 months. And Sony changed their design to meet that need specifically.

This was the video:
http://kotaku.com/ho...to-be-609893745

This post has been edited by lordofduct: 01 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#132 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Head MFIC
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:39 PM

Don Mattrick, whom quoted 'if you don't have internet just by a 360' just left Microsoft & accepted an offer of CEO at Zynga.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#133 Curtis Rutland  Icon User is online

• (╯□)╯︵ (~ .o.)~
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

They deserve each other.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

"Don, you know what needs to happen, please make it happen before we have to do it" -Steve Ballmer, the first day of e3, 9pm.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Monomania
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:10 AM

Team Sony
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -