Xbox One vs PS4

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

134 Replies - 5143 Views - Last Post: 03 July 2013 - 02:10 AM

Poll: Xbox One vs PS4 (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Which are you more inclined to buy?

1. Xbox One (10 votes [27.78%])

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

2. PS4 (21 votes [58.33%])

Percentage of vote: 58.33%

3. Both (5 votes [13.89%])

Percentage of vote: 13.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Atli  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Xbox One vs PS4

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

View Postlordofduct, on 24 May 2013 - 10:23 PM, said:

Everyone has been raving that they'll get the PS4 for its exclusives. And by exclusives they mean games that are developed by SONY (or SONY subsidiaries). Meaning that the only reason I can't get "Happy Ms. Finicker and her looting adventure" on my groobbox has nothing to do with the groobbox's capabilities but just because some big-wig over at boogerfarts didn't want to release it there.

[...]

That's like saying, "I'ma go buy this special DVD player that only plays DVDs from a certain company, cause I like their movies." Instead of saying, "Bitch ass company, release that movie on regular DVD, ass tard."

Fuck Sony.

Isn't that true of all the console manufacturers though? On the Xbox side, Halo immediately comes to mind. That, as far as I am aware, was created by Bungie and Microsoft Studios, originally only available on Xbox, and was then later ported (poorly) to Windows.

I agree with your point though. There are games I would definitely play if they weren't "exclusive" to some single console I wouldn't get if they were giving them away. (Dust 514, specifically, which is exclusive to PS3... which is kind of stupid when you think about it, since it's released the same year the PS4 is released and PS3 games become obsolete...)

But yea. Fuck Sony. Fuck 'em all!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Isn't a volcano just an angry hill?
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

Neither.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Ill-informed Mongoloid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:04 AM

View PostAtli, on 25 May 2013 - 12:19 AM, said:

I agree with your point though. There are games I would definitely play if they weren't "exclusive" to some single console I wouldn't get if they were giving them away. (Dust 514, specifically, which is exclusive to PS3... which is kind of stupid when you think about it, since it's released the same year the PS4 is released and PS3 games become obsolete...)

And isn't Dust 514 meant to tie into Eve? Why have a PC-based space game tie in with a console-based ground game anyways? That makes no sense.

And I'm with the crowd saying 'Neither'. I'm a PC gamer
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#34 Atli  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:16 AM

Actually the link between the original MMORPG and the new MMOFPS is kind of brilliant. Essentially pilots can hire/team up with the FPS players as mercenaries to battle other pilots for planetary control. It's all set up in a very interesting way. I won't bore you with details here, but if you are into the EVE universe (or MMOs in general), it's well worth looking into. - The only annoying thing about it is the "PS3 exclusive" part. That I really don't get.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Ill-informed Mongoloid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:57 AM

That's the part I don't get. I can understand having the space and ground games tied in together - I think that's a great idea - I just don't get that one is a PC game, and the other is console exclusive. That just makes no sense because it's either assuming that all PC gamers also own (and enjoy playing on) a console, or it's cutting all of their existing player base out of their new game.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#36 Atli  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:29 AM

The idea was to extend the EVE universe to include FPS players, rather than to provide a new way for the original EVE pilots to play the game. It's an entirely different type of game play, so what the EVE pilots love about the space part of this doesn't really exist in Dust. Dust is all action and running around shooting at things; EVE is all about strategy. (Though I'm sure Dust has some strategic elements, it's child's play compared to EVE.)

But yea, it would have made a lot more sense to at least have a PC version as well as the console version. As far as I know, Xbox was never an option because Microsoft had some issues with the free-to-play thing.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#37 DarenR  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:03 AM

I have all of them so far and I can say xbox usually wins hands down. even though you have to pay to play online-- the live is usually more reliable and consistant that the sony version. I also enjoy the titles more on the xbox than i do on the ps.

My two sons' were all console this console that but slowly i am converting them to pc this pc that. Mine craft works wonders.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I'm a cheeseburger
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

720 was only a street name. Microsoft never was calling it that from what I understood. That's just what all the kids were guessing it would be called.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

also it... doesn't matter at all if they changed a name.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I'm a cheeseburger
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:26 AM

yes it does!

Branding... marketing... identity... give me an identity... I'm nothing with out my ability to claim an identity vicariously through a product and its name.

(sarcastically stated by the man with 'google it' on his ass)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

I will personally be going with the Xbox One for the following reasons:

Playstation controllers have always felt really wrong in my hands, not something I have had a problem with on the Xbox side.
Xbox games are more the type of things I am interested in overall (there are only about 3 series that are PS exclusives that I would be interested in getting).
I am intrigued by the new Kinect.
I almost never purchase used games (which makes the used-game market fiasco a non-issue for me).
With HyperV being the base OS, getting Linux or something running on it in addition to the Windows 8 Kernel and Xbox OS should be possible.

And most importantly: In general it just seems like it would be a better fit for me given my gaming history.

Though I am a little sad that they went ahead and decided it would (likely) release in Q4, I just purchased a $2000 gaming machine after graduation.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

I feel like alot of the console games have gone into a rut. Super mario 52, call of duty : New guns and so forth. At least in PC there is always going to be tons of games.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

oh man can you guys even see my pupils with how hard my eyes rolled back?
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#44 Curtis Rutland  Icon User is online

• (╯□)╯︵ (~ .o.)~
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

With HyperV being the base OS, getting Linux or something running on it in addition to the Windows 8 Kernel and Xbox OS should be possible.

Don't hold your breath. I think all the console manufacturers learned not to let this happen when geohot cracked the PS3. Sony patched out the "Other OS" feature and that was that. I'm sure MS is going to lock this thing down tight.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:26 AM

I'll wait for a bit. In the end I'll probably get both consoles, just like I have for the last three generations.

Why play a console instead of a computer? I don't have to worry if the game will work. I bought Silent Hunter 3 when it came out. Except it only came in DVD game. So I also payed $50 for a new DVD drive for my PC. I install it, and it crashes. It ends up that you need a graphics card with pixel shader 1.1 at a minimum. I had a graphics card with pixel shader 1.0. I was well over in every other "minimum" category. So here I was with $120 sunk into this game and I couldn't play it until I bought a new computer a year later. I know my console is compatible. As long as I don't buy a "Move" or "Kinect" game I can take it home and play it tonight.

Microsoft's Live charge doesn't bother me since I don't play multiplayer. It does suck that I have to switch to the PS3 to watch MLB or Netflix.

Used game support is important to me. I enjoy 2-3 times the number of games because I buy them several years after they come out.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »