4 Replies - 1488 Views - Last Post: 24 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Intendind Software Engineering

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

I am currently a final year student of Electrical Engineering but intending to switch to Software Engineering in future like immediately after my first degree. Is this possible and if it is what are the challenges I need to take up. Some one please advice.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Intendind Software Engineering

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Intendind Software Engineering

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

Sort of hard to tell with so little information on you, your habits, your learning strengths, your learning pitfalls, your area, etc.

I guess the larger issue will be the theory... that and figuring out what you think you will get out flopping form EE to CS.

Oh, moving from C# to the student section.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:25 PM

View PostEnnieHarrie, on 24 May 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

I am currently a final year student of Electrical Engineering but intending to switch to Software Engineering in future like immediately after my first degree. Is this possible and if it is what are the challenges I need to take up. Some one please advice.

for a student in you final year your speaking very generally about these things. If your seriously considering it you probably have reasons. let us know what they are. Like previously stated its hard to answer a question like that.

you can expect more school, more cost and to learn software Engineering. I mean if that's what you want I say yes.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

Initially I thought I thought I would take a career in EE but I am sorry to say I don't know much (practically) though I've always passed my EE courses from first year but my passion towards it is really drowning. The only aspect I still like to do
IN EE is the programming aspect which the school syllabus taught practically nothing.
I can study really hard with guidance and no matter how stressful. I am not just seeing how a career in EE will make me very productive; at least, not yet.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

my recommendation would be to make sure you take a few programing classes before you are done. try it out. you know there are a lot of different direction you could take both those degrees. Also I think that having them both would be an asset. Don't get caught in the school trap though. you don't have to go to school to learn you know. In some places experience speaks as loud as any degree. In others it doesn't. My dad when back to school for a masters in business after over 10 years of working as a statistician why? because the company he was working for at the time wouldn't move him forward till he was qualified. now he has two MBAs but were those 10 years wasted? heck no.
but if you hate what you do than you should probably do something else.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1