2 Replies - 173 Views - Last Post: 24 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

#1 sdla4ever  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head

Reputation: 1
  • View blog
  • Posts: 55
  • Joined: 26-September 11

SEO Company Worth It?

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, seemed like it fitted.

But is paying a company for SEO worth it? I'm trying to figure out what they could do each month to justify the $150 a month they want to charge.

I figured good headers and tags would be good along with link and title names.

Any tips would be helpful! Thank you!
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: SEO Company Worth It?

#2 Atli  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

Reputation: 3716
  • View blog
  • Posts: 5,976
  • Joined: 08-June 10

Re: SEO Company Worth It?

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

Generally I'd say no. A lot of SEO companies try to boost your rankings through shady means: means that may well invoke the wrath of Google, which can be a death sentence for a site. Often they will be able to boost your rankings for a short time, but eventually when the search engines catch up to what they are doing, they will dump your score and might even black list you.

But then, there are some companies (allegedly) that stay safely within the bounds of what Google allows, and those can actually help.

I'm not sure what the monthly charge will be for, I have to say. Even though the search engines tend to evolve their techniques rapidly, the main SOE methods are just organizing your content properly and make them easily accessible to the robots. That's what the robots want to see: natural content void of crappy attempts at boosting SEO rankings. (Like the old keyword stuffing and meta tag manipulations.) - The basics of SEO are actually quite easy to master. Just Google it; Google itself has a good PDF guide that will teach you 99% of what you need to know. The remaining 1% is just an ever evolving list of methods to essentially "cheat" the search robots into thinking your content is worth more that it is.


Before you hire any sort of SEO company, be sure to research that company extensively. Find out exactly what they are planing to do, because "bad" SEO can be devastating to your site.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#3 sdla4ever  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head

Reputation: 1
  • View blog
  • Posts: 55
  • Joined: 26-September 11

Re: SEO Company Worth It?

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

View PostAtli, on 24 May 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

Generally I'd say no. A lot of SEO companies try to boost your rankings through shady means: means that may well invoke the wrath of Google, which can be a death sentence for a site. Often they will be able to boost your rankings for a short time, but eventually when the search engines catch up to what they are doing, they will dump your score and might even black list you.

But then, there are some companies (allegedly) that stay safely within the bounds of what Google allows, and those can actually help.

I'm not sure what the monthly charge will be for, I have to say. Even though the search engines tend to evolve their techniques rapidly, the main SOE methods are just organizing your content properly and make them easily accessible to the robots. That's what the robots want to see: natural content void of crappy attempts at boosting SEO rankings. (Like the old keyword stuffing and meta tag manipulations.) - The basics of SEO are actually quite easy to master. Just Google it; Google itself has a good PDF guide that will teach you 99% of what you need to know. The remaining 1% is just an ever evolving list of methods to essentially "cheat" the search robots into thinking your content is worth more that it is.


Before you hire any sort of SEO company, be sure to research that company extensively. Find out exactly what they are planing to do, because "bad" SEO can be devastating to your site.


This is exactly what I was thinking guess tonight I will look up each search engines different approaches.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1