2 Replies - 2177 Views - Last Post: 14 September 2015 - 01:38 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Finding the best Video Card for me

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

About 6 months ago, I built my own PC. I went kind of cheap on my video card at the time and am paying the price for it now. I am looking to upgrade it. I do quite a bit of video editing and 3D rendering, so it needs to be good. I am also an avid user of linux, so it must be able to work with linux. I would like the price to be around $150, but the max would be $200. Right now I have an AMD Radeon 6670 video card and an Asus P8P67 Revolution mobo. Any suggestions on video cards?

This post has been edited by mgaines2: 26 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Finding the best Video Card for me

• Engineer
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Finding the best Video Card for me

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:07 PM

I run a NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti (http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-650ti) and it works like a charm. Plus, I like to dip into parrallel programming using the CUDA tool chain once in a while.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Finding the best Video Card for me

Posted 14 September 2015 - 01:38 AM

i use a 650ti with overclocking and it works awesome... but you can get a gtx 760 for about 200$ and its way better and make sure you get the one with dual acx cooling... its better and i think its about 180 or close to that

https://www.google.c...HKYO8ggSahpeABw this one will do you nicely

Oh and i use to be a Game Developer and Nvidia GTX cards are what we always used. Nvidia Does their testing with Game engines and they are tested specifically for gaming so as a Developer it was always said to have a GTX card. SO i always recommend them. I did a lot of my Maya/Photoshop and Unity/Unreal Development with my 650ti so that link will give you a bit more than the 650ti Good Luck
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1