1 Replies - 1165 Views - Last Post: 05 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Documenting UI Field States

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

I'm currently working on the conversion of program and this screen has a very large number of fields with states that are dependent on the state of other fields. These states criss cross and are fairly complex with various rules; for example as Field X must be blank if Checkbox A is checked and Combobox Box M has a value of C as long as Field 3 does not contain value 'A' and Checkbox C is unchecked. Also, several of these rules control the same fields but take different precedence. (I can not change these rules or design in any way shape or form, just need to document them)

I'd like document these rules better than what I have (Spreadsheet with little precedence noted) and use a tool for future conversions to make it easier on front end developers and support. Are there any tools that you use or are aware of that do a good job in documenting field state with multi level dependencies? I really just need to show when a field should be disabled/Zeroed/Blanked/Checked.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Documenting UI Field States

#2 cfoley  Icon User is online

• Cabbage
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Documenting UI Field States

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

Do you have access to the source code? If it is well written, it will be easy to deduce the conditions for enabling and disabling each item.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1