1 Replies - 228 Views - Last Post: 01 June 2013 - 04:59 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Question on atb

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

Hey there all! I'm trying to enhance my game a bit, so I decided to work on the battle system. I was thinking about adding a atb (active time battle) turn system. I have found a C program that sort of resembles the atb system from final fantasy (which is my favorite rpg series, and one of my reasons for learning game coding) but in said code the monster's turn comes only after the players. I want a system similar final fantasy 9 or 10, where when the monster's turn comes around it will attack even if the player has not chosen an action with out stopping the player from choosing an action. I have spent a while searching the web for awhile but not found much help. If anyone has some tips, hints, code, or a point in the right direction that would helpful. And to any who have read my previous posts, no I am not asking people to do my work for me but this is the only site I have that can aid me. Thanks All!:)/>

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Question on atb

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Re: Question on atb

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:59 PM

That's what makes game programming awesome, no matter how great your Google-fu is the answer isn't out there - it requires actual skill over cut-and-paste coding.

Anyway, have you found the part of the code that requires that the monster takes their turn and disabled that bit of code? Just a thought.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1