It used to be in this particular workflow I'm modifying that a program called "FormFlow" was used to enter data and then create .DBF files that are uploaded (transferred?) into AS400 system. Higher ups have stated that it is necessary to move the workflow out of using "FormFlow" application (for some reason). Powers that be decided to move forward with using an Excel Spreadsheet as the replacement component for this functionality. The spreadsheet has now been mocked up, but lacks the process functionality. This is where I currently stand.
- One of the tabs in my worksheet acts as a "Form". This form allows users to fill out an inspection. Several fields on the form are using VLOOKUP() to auto-fill sections based on ID Numbers.
- One of the tabs acts as a data table. This tab is used to store what is entered into the main form as a record, like values in a data table.
- What I need to do is code 5 command buttons on the main form tab. A "NEXT", "PREV", "CLEAR", "SAVE" & "CONVERT".
- NEXT & PREV need to cycle up and down through the "data table" page, displaying that records information on the main form as records are cycled through.
- SAVE needs to save what is entered on the main form to the next available row on the "data table" page.
- CONVERT needs to take all records in the "data table" page and place them in a dBase (.DBF) file.
- CLEAR as in all programs needs to clear the form for new entry.
I am very green when it comes to programming an Excel Spreadsheet. Based on what I was able to find so far, it looks like the convert tab "records" to .DBF is going to be very difficult if impossible. To start the easy part I tried setting up the CLEAR functionality. I did a "Record Macro" and from button click deleted the contents of each cell I wanted to cleared, however, when I deleted the contents it also deleted the VLOOKUP() formulas that are in use for certain cells.
The few .DBF files I was able to find for review I am unable to open with Notepad++...
My first question then becomes how to code a CLEAR button that will clear contents of specified cells without deleting the formula associated with it?
Any help at all on this would be very appreciated I apologize significantly for any major misuses of vocabulary. Excel is not something I ever dabble in.