2 Replies - 3466 Views - Last Post: 06 June 2013 - 02:57 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Local photography blog

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

Hi guys, recently i opened a photography website/blog.. It is on Bosnian language because it is a local website where I post photos, galleries and videos of the city i live in (Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina). So what do you think about it? Every comment/critic is accepted :)

Send (posalji) page isn't functional right now so as info page but it will be soon..

Link: http://tuzlauobjektivu.net/

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Local photography blog

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Local photography blog

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:15 PM

So I opened it using google.translate.com to see an English translation.
http://translate.goo...rtal%2F&act=url

I was expecting the entire tile to be a clickable button, not just the top half.
Attached Image

It looks like a portal into Facebook. It has the same 'feel' and I notice that the comments section at the bottom shows my Facebook image. Are you just aggregating their content? Is it really a blog if its not your entries and your content?

It has a clean look, but doesn't feel like there is any original content that I couldn't find from doing a Google image search. It doesn't feel like a photography site so much as a picture site. There are no articles about taking photos, or tutorials on photography, or camera reviews, or chat rooms with owners of similar cameras etc.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Local photography blog

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:57 PM

View PosttlhIn`toq, on 06 June 2013 - 12:15 PM, said:

It looks like a portal into Facebook. It has the same 'feel' and I notice that the comments section at the bottom shows my Facebook image. Are you just aggregating their content? Is it really a blog if its not your entries and your content?

First of all, thanks for your comment :)

I'm not aggregating content from Facebook but I think having Facebook comments and facebook like&share is more user friendly because most of users today use Facebook as their primary social website and are more likely to comment with their facebook acount instead custom comment system. Maybe I will add functionality to both types of comments, I wasn't thinking about that, now I definitely will.

I didn't express myself correctly, it is a blog about photos of Tuzla city, but i typed photography instead of picture because I think that there is a big difference between these two terms.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1