2 Replies - 1679 Views - Last Post: 10 June 2013 - 07:22 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Advice in finding someone to build a website like care.com

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

Thought I would try your forum as a starting point. I have a business idea but have no clue on where to go to get someone to design a website that would be similar in function to care.com. I am in Omaha, NE so if anyone has any advice, I would surely appreciate it. Thanks
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Advice in finding someone to build a website like care.com

#2 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Advice in finding someone to build a website like care.com

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

Moved to Freelancing.

This website has two components- web design and web development. The Design end will focus more on the look and aesthetic appeal of the website. This includes things like backgrounds, fonts, layouts, drop-downs, etc. The technologies you'll be interested in are HTML/CSS and Javascript/jQuery.

The Development side of things is where the programming comes in. Things like user logins, sessions, database interactions, and any sort of purchasing functionality. Is there a messaging system included in your website idea? That would fall under development as well. You'll want to hire someone with a server-side web language like PHP, ASP.NET, Django (Python), or Rails (Ruby). Database experience is important as well. You'll want someone who has worked with something like MySQL, MS-SQL, or SQLite. Access really isn't a tool you'll want to consider.

To look for people, you'll want to network. Are any good colleges or universities near Omaha? Talk to the CS department about putting up your offer. Your local small business center or tech council is a good way to network as well.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Advice in finding someone to build a website like care.com

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:22 AM

Thank you

That helps a ton.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -