2 Replies - 614 Views - Last Post: 10 June 2013 - 06:11 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Hello World! 2.0

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:52 AM

Hi all!

My name is Willem Voigt. I'm very new to programming. I did an "Introduction To Programming" course a few years ago that taught the basics of how to write algorithms. About 3 years ago I did one correspondence module through UNISA on Object Orientated focusing on Delphi.

My current occupation is I.T. Support and work in one of South Africa's leading banks as an I.T. Call Agent. There are several tedious fixes that we need to run. To do this we need to remote to the user's PC and then make the changes or talk the user through what to do. If you ever worked in a call center you can imagine the frustration in doing this, especially the latter.

My purpose of joining this forum is to get help, when needed, whilst I write the code for my "AppFix" program that will automate a lot of the tedious fixes we perform, but by simply choosing the application, the symptom and clicking on a button. This will essentially delete certain files, end or start process and add registry keys. I am programming in VB.Net (Express Studio 2012) I have designed the User Interface and written the basic "behaviour" code. The "real work" (i.e. the actual fixes) is still a work in progress and I am still doing my research. I will be asking questions if I'm really stuck.

I look forward to learning from this community!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Hello World! 2.0

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Hello World! 2.0

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:10 AM

I apologise for some of the grammatical errors made in my original post. I cannot find the "edit" option.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Re: Hello World! 2.0

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:11 AM

welcome---- you cant edit until you have I think 10 posts..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1