• +

17 Replies - 593 Views - Last Post: 12 June 2013 - 10:42 AM Rate Topic: -----

#16 Curtis Rutland  Icon User is online

• (╯□)╯︵ (~ .o.)~
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: When to switch to Windows forms

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:09 AM

Oh, of course not. It'll still work. It just won't be updated or supported. I never recommend people spend their time learning older, discontinued frameworks/technology, because that same effort could be put into learning new and currently supported stuff. It'd be like learning VB6 instead of VB.NET. Sure, it still works, there's still jobs that require it, and you could make it do what you want. But the other option has all of that, plus the benefit of knowing that it's updated every few years.

Unfortunately, I'm not an expert with games. Not even a novice, really. I'd suggest you make a post in our Game Programming forum, or check their stickies. We have some really qualified experts there, and at least one who is fluent with XNA.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:34 AM

Awesome, I'll do that.

Well, Curtis, I have to say this conversation has helped me immensely. I am giving you as much rep as I possibly can give so that you know how useful your info has been. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to all of my requests. I can see why they made you a moderator :wink:

cheers!
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#18 Curtis Rutland  Icon User is online

• (╯□)╯︵ (~ .o.)~
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:42 AM

Glad I could help.
Was This Post Helpful? 0