1 Replies - 3246 Views - Last Post: 14 June 2013 - 10:41 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

connect c# program to ip camera (android)

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:52 AM

I want to make a security camera system for my c# project. i have installed Click to see app
app for my android mobile and i can retrieve live streaming from
http://192.168.1.101:5555/videofeed This url . now i can connect through the vlc player also . now here my problem how do i stream this live footage using my c# application . i can't find any useful tutorials or hits regarding this matter . is there any good api i can accsess . it's better if i can control my ip camera over application

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: connect c# program to ip camera (android)

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: connect c# program to ip camera (android)

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:41 AM

I am assuming your camera is the device located at 192.168.1.101 right? If so, you can use the URL and stream it right into your application using a HttpWebResponse object and get its stream...

HttpWebRequest request = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(url);
HttpWebResponse response = (HttpWebResponse)request.GetResponse(); 

Stream cameraStream = response.GetResponseStream();

// Read from the stream here

cameraStream.Close();
response.Close();

Here URL will be your videofeed url from the camera. This is assuming that url is just feeding raw video and is not some kind of HTML with a control on it. That should work for you. I am not sure how the feed is coming in but it could also be RTP or some other protocol in which case you may have to pipe the feed right into something like the windows media player.

Give the code above a try and if that is not working out for you, try to see if you can feed that URL right into a windows media player control. That SHOULD work.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1