2 Replies - 3520 Views - Last Post: 12 June 2013 - 09:53 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

My first ecommerce site

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:07 AM

Hi all,

I wanted to try using WP-Ecommerce plugin for Wordpress so I made this custom theme and also heavily editted the ecommerce plugin as well, this is NOT a premade template. Let me know what you think. I realize it is almost all dummy content (practice site) but it is pretty filled out imo.

edit:: also I wanted to mention that at this time there is really only products under Mens shirts,pants and jackets..

My link

thanks

This post has been edited by shezzy: 12 June 2013 - 09:09 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: My first ecommerce site

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: My first ecommerce site

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:45 AM

A few things - some of the images are stretched weirdly.

When I add something to the cart why doesn't the cart's quantity of items increase as well? why do I need to refresh the page to see that?

Why is the shopping cart contents listed above the product categories? Isn't a shopping cart supposed to remove the need to have that constant visual cue?

When on a product's page - why cann't I have a "quantity" input box there?

Your side ordering is wrong.. why is it 'large, medium, small, xlarge, xxlarge'?

There should be checkboxes next to the items so I can bulk remove or bulk update quantities.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: My first ecommerce site

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:53 AM

A few things - some of the images are stretched weirdly. I see that, especially on the single product pages

When I add something to the cart why doesn't the cart's quantity of items increase as well? why do I need to refresh the page to see that? I still figuring out a way to use ajax with wp to update this or might just force it to refresh site so it will update that way

Why is the shopping cart contents listed above the product categories? Isn't a shopping cart supposed to remove the need to have that constant visual cue? I suppose it might look better if I remove the shopping cart widget all together, I thought the sidebar cart contents was a nice feature to show more detail

When on a product's page - why cann't I have a "quantity" input box there? I might add this but originally didn't intend to

Your side ordering is wrong.. why is it 'large, medium, small, xlarge, xxlarge'? it looks like the WP-ecommerce plugin orders these alphabetically EDIT:: This has been fixed

There should be checkboxes next to the items so I can bulk remove or bulk update quantities. This is a limitation of WP-ecommerce, maybe I'll look into WooCommerce.

Thanks for your input

This post has been edited by shezzy: 12 June 2013 - 10:33 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1