2 Replies - 300 Views - Last Post: 13 June 2013 - 01:09 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Ecommerce Software

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:00 AM

Hello all,
I have a question about eCommerce Software. I am planning to make a hobby website just for fun where the user would be able to buy products, specifically different types of shoes. Currently, I was reading this article and was able to deduce that there are 3 different types of eCommerce software: hosted carts, free self-hosted carts, and purchasable self-hosted carts. At any rate, I would like to know what is the process or the steps to take to implement one of these eCommerce software into my website. I was thinking about using the ebay one or the Magento one. I don't necessarily need the HTML/CSS code at this point in time, only the general guideline (i.e. Do I need to literally sign up and register at one of those eCommerce sites to use the shopping cart.)
Or is this even possible since this website is pseudo. It will not be on the internet (at least not soon).

TL;DR - Website Synopsis
1) The user sees the product that he/she likes.
2) The user clicks the "Add to cart" button.
3) The user is taken to the online shopping cart where he/she can enter their credit card number or use their Paypal account and "purchase" the item. (Note - I'm not sure about the latter part. The user can enter the credit card/Paypal information but, in this case, can the order be actually "processed" like a real invoice since this is a pseudo website.)

I hope the noobness of my question makes sense and I appreciate any feedback. Thank you. :)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Ecommerce Software

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Ecommerce Software

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

Magento is pretty cool, you can download that and then install it on your local host. I havent used it much but you could definitley get a test site up and runnning quickly. It has a nice backend where you can configure stuff without any code really. If you want to customise stuff heavily then it gets complicated.

Also im sure wordpress and joomla have various e-commerce plugins you could utilise. You could set it up on local host exactly as a normal site, but as you ask about payment then you would just get transfered to paypal so it will all function pretty much the same.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Ecommerce Software

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:09 PM

Are you familiar with wordpress? If so, I may be willing to make a theme for you and setup WP-Ecommerce which could totally handle your needs. I am looking to get more .com's added to my portfolio using wordpress for jobs that I apply to so we would really be helping each other out.

Of course this would mean you have the domain/hosting already setup and of course the content (pictures/text/logo).

If your interested PM me - also,check out an example:

My link

This post has been edited by shezzy: 13 June 2013 - 01:10 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1