7 Replies - 3014 Views - Last Post: 23 June 2013 - 10:40 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Load errors in VB 6

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

The error is "Class MSComctlLib.ImageList of control imageList1 of control ImageList1 was not a loaded control. There are several of these errors that appear in the log files of particular VB6 forms. Also, there are several other names than ImageList. Upon loading my project, during load, I get error messages "Errors during load". "Refer to c:\...(formname).log". According to MS, simply loading MSComCtl.ocx in Components in the IDE will cure the problem. Not! I have that component already loaded and I'm getting these errors. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Load errors in VB 6

• Your Friendly Local Curmudgeon
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Load errors in VB 6

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

You'll get this error if you have a form that was developed somewhere using the imagelist control, and then you try to work with it on a machine that doesn't have the control installed. Make sure that you have both loaded AND REGISTERED the control (use regsvr32.exe to register manually). Not only do you have to make sure that the control is on your disk, but there has to be a ClassID entry in the registry so that the client (your program) will know where to find it.

Now, if you've already done that, try removing the imagelist control from your form and putting it back on again. You might have a different version on your disk than the one that was used with the original program.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

Thanks Bob.I'll give that a try and respond tomorrow.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

Bob. After thinking about your suggestion, I should add that there are several others beside ImageList; .ToolBar, .StatusBar, .ListView and .ProgressBar. Are you suggesting that the same action be taken for all these? If so, what files represent what controls. In References and Components, it is all .dll's and .ocx's but I don't have a clue as to the file names of these controls? As I mentioned, all these controls are associated with MSCOMctlLib. Thanks again.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

Hi Bob. Your reasoning for the errors seem to be correct in my case since I did acquire the program from another pc and the errors are only on my pc. It compiles fine on th3e original machine. However, I have no idea how to access these controls, what their file names are, etc. Please help. Thanks.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

Thankfully, I was able to get my program to load, compile and execute without error. I reinstalled SsubTmr6 which was MISSING and reinstall MSComCtl. Thanks for the help.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Your Friendly Local Curmudgeon
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

Glad you got it sorted. For future reference, here's how dll's and ocx's are organized in the registry. Run regedit.exe. Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT. Open it. Find the name of your control, e. g. ImageList. This is the "ProgId" of your class. Open the folder. You'll see the ClassId, which is a GUID. Keeping the GUID in the right window, move to the CLASSID folder and open it. You'll see a very large number of GUIDs. Wander down to the GUID that matches the one in the right hand window. Open the folder. You'll see a folder called InProcSvr32. Open it, and you will see the path and filename of your ocx.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

Thanks for the help!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1