4 Replies - 447 Views - Last Post: 15 June 2013 - 04:42 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

New to Oracle 10g SQL*Plus and need help ASAP thanks

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:30 AM

I am new to this I am a student. I have taken a course that had to do with mysql and that is as far as I have went. I am in my second week of the summer semester and I understand many database terms but I am far from knowing everything of course. I really need help with my first assignment that is hands on and I need it quick please because this is do tonight. Here is my problem I am an online student and I opened my instructions and here is what they told me.
"Chapter02 Computer assignment: The student will create a script file that will answer Hands-On problems one (1) through nine (9) from page 50 of our text as well as the non-HTML portion of the Advanced Challenge exercise of page 51."
I am lost because we have never done anything hands on all we have done so far is answer questions out of the book which was pretty much vocabulary questions and things like that. I am not sure if I am suppose to open a script file with SQL*Plus and that is what I work from our what any help to get me started would be greatly appreciated if you can make any sense of this because I can not.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: New to Oracle 10g SQL*Plus and need help ASAP thanks

#2 andrewsw  Icon User is online

• It's just been revoked!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: New to Oracle 10g SQL*Plus and need help ASAP thanks

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:09 AM

What are the:

Hands-On problems one (1) through nine (9) from page 50

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

There is a whole series of questions the first is Display a list of all data contained within the books table. If you need all of them I will certainly post just did not know for sure because my main issue is I am not understanding the instructions. When it says to create a script file that will answer Hands-On problems I do not know what that means I am assuming it means for example if you used word you would type your answers, but they want you to do this in a script instead of word but the problem is I have no idea how to even create a script or anything else I just need a jump start and I should be fine. Thanks for your help. I apologize if its hard to understand me but I am trying my best to explain the question with something I do not really know anything about.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 andrewsw  Icon User is online

• It's just been revoked!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:55 AM

As I recall, once you've started the server you double-click a link which is probably on your Desktop or in your (Windows) Start menu, which opens the Oracle Control Panel - or Administration Panel. When I used this a while ago it uses a Web interface. That is, it will open in your browser. From here, you create a database, tables, etc. and use a Query (or Script view) to execute SQL statements. It is these statements, or sequence of statements, that they are looking for. They can be saved or copied to simple text files.

Of course, before you can kick-start the process you will probably need to configure your admin rights - usernames and passwords. Carefully!!

first is Display a list of all data contained within the books table

They are looking for the sql statement(s) that would achieve this.

This post has been edited by andrewsw: 15 June 2013 - 09:01 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:42 PM

View Postandrewsw, on 15 June 2013 - 10:55 AM, said:

As I recall, once you've started the server you double-click a link which is probably on your Desktop or in your (Windows) Start menu, which opens the Oracle Control Panel - or Administration Panel. When I used this a while ago it uses a Web interface. That is, it will open in your browser. From here, you create a database, tables, etc. and use a Query (or Script view) to execute SQL statements. It is these statements, or sequence of statements, that they are looking for. They can be saved or copied to simple text files.

Of course, before you can kick-start the process you will probably need to configure your admin rights - usernames and passwords. Carefully!!

first is Display a list of all data contained within the books table

They are looking for the sql statement(s) that would achieve this.

I have a name and password to get on and I think what you said should help me sorry for late reply went to work earlier after writing just freaking out because I am new to this and do not quite understand everything yet.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1