1 Replies - 849 Views - Last Post: 18 June 2013 - 06:39 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Competences for international software development teams

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:42 AM

Hi everyone,

I am currently working on my master's thesis as part of a research group which is looking at competences in IT/IS/software development teams. Our focus is aimed at multicultural teams and examining the competences involved.

Right now, we are looking at identifying which internationalization competences (soft skills for an international context) are important within the different phases of global software development and for the management of these projects. By matching the internationalisation competences to the technical competences it will allow us to provide recommendations on how educational institutions could adjust their teaching methods and for companies to readjust their personnel requirements when hiring new staff.

You can find the questionnaire here

The listed competences provided in the questionnaire are from previous research which identified common challenges individuals faced during the course of project development. The common challenges (in no particular order) were miscommunication amongst team members/management, management styles (or lack of) and working style/behaviours. Some of the identified potential solutions to these problems were mentoring, team building and clarification of goals to all stakeholder groups.

In order to promote discussion, if there are any specific instances or examples where working with someone from another culture comes to mind and presented a challenge please feel free to share the experience (both on the questionnaire and in this thread)

Thanks.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Competences for international software development teams

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Competences for international software development teams

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:39 AM

Oh how I love the 'log in at 2.40a, post, and log out at 2.40a' survey spam! ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1