Sub OpenManual() 'Word.Application.Documents.Open "\\filePath\FormFlow To MSExcel\FeedSampleReport-Manual.docx" 'Open an existing Word Document from Excel Dim objWord As Object Set objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application") objWord.Visible = True ' Should open as the forefront objWord.Activate 'Change the directory path and file name to the location 'of the document you want to open from Excel objWord.Documents.Open "\\filePath\FormFlow To MSExcel\FeedSampleReport-Manual.docx" objWord.Quit Set objWord = Nothing End Sub
I'm have few issues sadly
When I have one other word document open and click the button, the following occurs:
- Manual opens in the forefront, but I immediately receive This file is in use by another application or user. (C:\Users\Me\AppData\...\Normal.dotm)
- I press OK and receive the Save As dialogue.
- Cancel out of the Save As dialogue and am presented my Manual document.
- When I click the Red X to close the document, I receive Changes have been made that affect the global template, Normal. Do you want to save those change? I click No and the document closes.
If this document is the first instance of word I have opening:
- The document opens.
- As soon as code hits the objWord.Quit line the document immediately closes.
- I am just wanting the document to open to the forefront allowing users to view the Manual for assistance when they need it, and let them close the document at their discretion.
I've tried a few different variations but nothing has solved my issue.